September 21, 2020, 02:46:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eero mesh network and Obi?  (Read 64 times)
RobertNYC

« on: September 20, 2020, 12:53:51 pm »

Can the Obi devices w/Google Voice work with an Eero mesh network replacing a former modem+router setup? i set up my Polycom branded Obi 202 a year ago and it has worked fine. Today, we replaced our previous network and router + modem setup with an Eero Mesh network set up. The Eero Gateway device is plugged into the modem. The (Apple) router is disconnected from the modem.

My "landline" through the Obi device now shows as OFFLINE. What hardware and/or software adjustments can I make, if any, to restore my Google Voice/Obi functionality? (I did connect the Ethernet cable from the Obi device to the extra open port on the Eero device.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 01:04:40 pm by RobertNYC » Logged
drgeoff
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 04:11:01 pm »

If you had the OBi getting its IP address by DHCP (the default), have you rebooted it? (Disconnect power for 30 seconds then reconnect.

If you had configured the OBi with a static IP address it might not match the Eero network. If so redo with suitable IP parameters.
RobertNYC

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 05:42:42 pm »

Thank you for your reply. I did disconnect the power from the Obi device, but this has not helped. the

I really don't know how to configure static IPs. I did find another discussion with regard to Google Mesh devicesthat touched on this. What does this actually entail? The commenters discussed doing this, but did not explain how to proceed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: