News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two Google Voice accts on SP1 and SP2: Distinctive ring doesn't work

Started by SteveB, December 05, 2014, 06:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveB

Three hours invested thus far in reading the admin manual and scouring the forums. I think I've tried every iteration possible (e.g., in "Voice Service > SP1/SP2" and "Ring Settings") but can't get distinctive ringing for SP1 and SP2 to work on my Obi200.

One thread http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=943.0 indicated that:

"An Alert-Info header would have to be inserted in the SIP INVITE sent by the SIP provider.  This cannot be done by the user.

Google Voice is not a SIP provider and does not use SIP INVITE's, consequently this is not possible with Google Voice."

But isn't it possible to set the Obi200 to distinctively ring anyway, regardless of what type of call is coming in to the device, and then default to whatever ring I've set up as the value?

Notes:

• My Obi200 has the latest firmware.
  • Both GV accounts ring and I can call out on both.

LTN1

Try this: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8717.0

You may have not been to the right place for the configuration. Distinctive ring works for me using the Obi200 with GV.

You will need to uncheck OBiTALK settings AND Device Default in order to change the parameter.

You can modify the RingPattern (for each SP1-SP4) and select the pattern you wish to use (default is RingPattern1) under Voice Service --> SPx --> X_DefaultRing

not Voice Service > SP1/SP2" and "Ring Settings"

SteveB

Oops...NOW I see why my efforts did work.

OBI EXPERT vs. LAN SYNC PROBLEM
If any Obihai folks are here, just know that I've been working within the Obi200 box ON MY LAN instead of the OBI EXPERT CONFIGURATION MENU.

There is a difference and the two are not in sync. Settings I made in the box on my LAN—and I could see were set up properly after reboot—WERE NOT reflected in the Obi Expert Config.

After "unchecking OBiTALK Settings AND Device Default" as stated above within the Obi Expert Config, the device is shown as offline (even though inbound and outbound calling work perfectly).

Bottom line? Both SP1 and SP2 are *still* both ringing the default ring.

azrobert

If you choose the local method to configure the OBi you must disable OBiTalk auto provisioning, otherwise OBiTalk will overlay any changes you make. Your local OBi configuration will not match the OBiTalk configuration.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled