News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

trouble setting up obi200

Started by lgestrin, December 10, 2014, 11:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lgestrin

i plugged brand new obi200 to power, internet, and phone http://www.homedepot.com/p/Emerson-Slimline-Corded-Telephone-with-Caller-ID-Black-SO-EM2516-BK/204491157?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cG%7cBase%7cPLA%7cD27E%7cElectrical&gclid=CP_v_duzvcICFciEfgodMSQA9g&gclsrc=aw.ds.
power light is blinking between red and green every sec.
internet light is constant green but blinks sometimes, like there is is traffic there.
phone light is off.
i did factory reset - no change. i used to have obi100 and that worked fine (with different phone that had power supply - this phone has no external power)  so i am not sure what needs to be done to get obi200 going.
any help would be appreciated.

drgeoff

You haven't said what problem you are having.

Can you register the device using the **5 procedure?

Can you make a successful call to the echo test number **9 222 222 222?

WelshPaul

The unit with red/green alternate flashing means that there was a power loss in the midst of firmware update of the OBi. And it is possible to recover the OBi operation.

1. Find out the IP address that OBi is currently using, by looking at your router's DHCP client table.
2. Make sure you are able to ping the IP.
3. Download the latest firmware for your device to your computer:
       - Firmware for OBi100 & OBi110: Click HERE
       - Firmware for OBi202 & OBi302: Click HERE
4. Once you have the OBi's IP address, open a browser and enter the IP address.
5. On the Firmware Update page, upgrade the OBi's firmware with what you have downloaded in Step 3. above.
6. Power cycle the OBi by disconnecting the power adapter and reconnecting it again.
7. After the device is recovered (power led solid GREEN), it is best to do factory reset by dialing ***8 and press 1 to confirm, then you'd need to do "ADD DEVICE" again on your obitalk.com account.

http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/alt
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

lgestrin

The problem was the phone was dead (no dial tone) and the power button was flashing red and green every sec.
I sent email to support and they sent me instructions that have worked:
-------------------------
1. Find out the IP address that OBi is currently using, by looking at your router's DHCP client table.

2. Make sure you are able to ping the IP.

3. Download the latest firmware for your device to your computer:

- Firmware for OBi202 & OBi302: http://www.obihai.com/firmware/OBi2-latest.fw

4. Once you have the OBi's IP address, open a browser and enter the IP address.

5. On the Firmware Update page, upgrade the OBi's firmware with what you have downloaded in Step 3. above.

6. After the device is recovered, it is best to do factory reset by dialing ***8 and press 1 to confirm, then you'd need to do "ADD DEVICE" again on your obitalk.com account.