News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi1032 randomly crashes or reboots

Started by Xipper, December 17, 2014, 12:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xipper

I am having a lot of reliability problems with my 1032 and am curious if others are seeing this.  I have 3 SPs defined on the device, 2 different Google Voice accounts and 1 PhonePower account.

I frequently have the phone crash/reboot in the middle of phone calls, it seems to be after a call is connected for a couple of hours the device crashes (memory leak?). 

It also seems to reboot itself, I can be sitting here not using the phone and I will see it reboot and come up with an icon that looks like a power button on the screen (using Colorful scheme).

Xipper

So here I was sitting at my desk and out of the corner of my eye I see my phone display flash for rebooting and say "Applying configuration changes".  The only thing I can think of is it that I keep turning BT off in the menu, however it is obvious that this is not the setting that is being pushed by OBitalk...as the phone just rebooted and BT is back on. 

This is very annoying.  There is no way to actually control BT being on/off from the phone.  I want to control that in the on-screen menus, just like it seems I should be able to.  I do not want BT on at all times as it kills battery life for my phone...and it attaches to my phone when I am in an entirely different part of my house, further depleting battery life and being outrageously annoying to have it ring 2 floors away from me.

MarkObihai

You can switch Bluetooth on and off via the phone's GUI - It's best to setup and control Bluetooth from the phone in this fashion rather than via the management webpage.  Select Settings, then go to Bluetooth and then the first option allows you to enable or disable Bluetooth.  In the "Colorful" theme the settings icon looks like a Cog:

With regards to the reboots, can you please open a ticket with support for this issue.  We would be keen to understand what is causing this behaviour.

- Mark.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

Xipper

At the request of support I did a factory reset of the device and went through the steps to reconfigure it.  The device still randomly reboots itself, I don't think I have ever seen an uptime longer than ~24 hours (currently it is 21:27 after it rebooted itself yesterday). 

There seem to be no rhyme or reason to when it reboots, though at least it hasn't done it while on a call after the factory reset...but it is not confidence inspiring for a business phone to reboot itself, who is to say it wouldn't reboot itself during a call when there is no explanation for the reboots?

ModemOutlet

Same here. My OBI1062 keep rebooting when I check my voice mail. ALWAYS reboot before when voice mail system ask for "please input password". Very disappointed.

Xipper

Amazingly it has an uptime of 3d, 14h, 34m currently...which is likely the longest it has gone without rebooting itself.

WelshPaul

Not had this issue myself, current uptime is 4 Days 23:33:29 (4).

I installed some new firmware and ran some syslog tests last week which explains my uptime. Has yours crashed or rebooted itself since?
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com