News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 Back-to-Back Configuration - extend a PSTN line to other country

Started by yhfung, May 21, 2011, 06:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yhfung

Suppposed you have two OBi110 devices. The first OBi110 is installed in Hong Kong (denoted by OBi-HK) and the second OBi110 is installed in the US (denoted by OBi-US).

Aim:

To extend the PSTN line from one country to another country

Objectives:

1) If the LINE Port of OBi-HK is connected to one of the HK PSTN teleco line with a tel number: 22334455 and someone in Hong Kong calls the telephone number 22334455,  then the phone connected to OBi-US will ring and display the caller ID 22334455.

2) If someone picks up the phone connected OBi-US and press xxxx yyyy (represents a HK telephone number), he/she is able to make a phone call to the HK PSTN network.

If you know how to do it, may I know it? Thanks.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

jimates

then the phone connected to OBi-US will ring and display the caller ID 22334455.

This is a current shortfall of the Obi. The Obi-HK can fork the call to the Obi-US, but the caller id that will show on the Obi-US will be that of the Obi-HK, not the call coming in on the HK-PSTN.

Physical interfaces > Line > InboundCallRoute = {ph,pp(200xxxxxx)}
(200xxxxxx = Obi-US number) Calls will ring the phone port of the Obi-Hk & the phone port of the Obi-US

if you do not want the incoming call to also ring the phone port of the Obi-HK then
Physical interfaces > Line > InboundCallRoute = {pp(200xxxxxx)}
all incoming HK PSTN calls will only ring the phone port of the Obi-US

If someone picks up the phone connected OBi-US and press xxxx yyyy (represents a HK telephone number), he/she is able to make a phone call to the HK PSTN network

HK PSTN line set as default for outgoing call on Obi-HK
put the Obi-HK number in the speed dial of the Obi-US (example, speed dial 4)
From the Obi-US, press 4* xxxx yyyy and the call will be placed using the HK PSTN line to the HK telephone number.

yhfung

jimates,

Thank you for your information.

The reason that I raised this question is that we have a forum member in www.telecom-cafe.com (http://www.telecom-cafe.com/forum/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=15708&ptid=3645) requesting this feature.

He knows how to use the one-stage dialling using the speed-dial method for making Hong Kong PSTN call, however he wants to just press xxxx yyyyy only to make a Hong Kong PSTN call.

If we use Linksys ATA, this can be done very easily. And this is a WELL-KNOWN configuration called Linksys back-to-back configuration.

However, since OBihai have a very strong technical team and have full control over their OBi device and OBiTalk server, I DO believe that they can provide some advice on how to set it up in order to achive our aim: OBi110 back-to-back configuration.

YH
www.telecom-cafe.com

jimates

I know have no idea about what comprises HK phone numbers, but
It can be done by directing the dialed number to the Obitalk Service using the phone outboundcallroute. And then telling the Obitalk Service to use the Obi-HK to place the call.

RonR speaks callroutes & digit maps as a second language. He can tell you what to put in to make it work. I am surprised he isn't here now.

RonR

Quote from: yhfung on May 21, 2011, 07:57:09 PM
He knows how to use the one-stage dialling using the speed-dial method for making Hong Kong PSTN call, however he wants to just press xxxx yyyyy only to make a Hong Kong PSTN call.

Assuming he has single-stage dialing working and can dial 25*12345678 from the US OBi to reach Hong Kong PSTN number 12345678, here is a very brute-force approach that should allow him to simply dial 12345678 and achive the same result:

PHONE Port DigitMap:

(xxxxxxxx|[1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute:

{(<25*>xxxxxxxx):pp},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},
{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

yhfung

RonR:

I am sorry to respond your message so late since I was not in China to test your suggested digit maps and OutBoundCallRoute.

In this morning, I updated my OBi device with your information. Your method works very great! Thanks you very much.

Now the remaining question to display the caller ID to the local OBi device. Do you have any idea of the firmware 1.3 to fix this problme?

YH
www.telecom-cafe.com