News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can I have 2 Ring To numbers on the OBI 202

Started by hgroth, December 18, 2014, 04:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hgroth

Is it possible to register 2 Ring To numbers on the OBI 202

rolandh

My experience is that you can only provision one RingTo account per OBi. You can, however, have multiple phone numbers in a single RingTo account. Any numbers associated with the provisioned account will ring your SIP connected devices (currently OBis purchased after May 1, 2014, Android devices via GrooVe IP, and iOS devices running RingTo's mobile app) and forward to as many as four additional PSTN locations.

You might find additional information in RingTo's community forums at https://community.ring.to

hgroth

How can I have my 2nd RingTo number be forwarded so it is answered through the OBI202

rolandh

Hi,

Your second number does not need to be forwarded. Any number in the RingTo account provisioned to your OBi will ring the device. If you're trying to have one RingTo number ring on Phone Port 1 and the second on Phone Port 2, so that you can tell which number is ringing that is a different issue.

hgroth

But the 2nd number I have is a different account with different e mail

rolandh

Sorry, I didn't catch that your numbers were in separate accounts. RingTo can merge your accounts, so that both numbers will be in a single account. This is not something RingTo encourages but if you explain why you want to do this, I'm confident it won't be a problem.

The fastest way to get this addressed is to post on RingTo's community forum at https://community.ring.to. RingTo staff will reach out to you with what needs to be done. Alternatively, you can open a support ticket from this page https://ring.to/community/ but that's likely to take longer.

hgroth

If I consolidate 2 numbers in 1 account, how can I dial out one either number through the OBI202

rolandh

If your goal is to pick up the phone connected to your OBi and easily select, which number to call out on there isn't an efficient way to do that right now. It is possible to login into your account on RingTo's website, change the default outbound call number, then pick up the phone to make a the call from that number. Obviously, doing that every time you want to select a particular outbound number is hardly an efficient process. For what it is worth, it's very easy to dynamically select your outbound number using RingTo's mobile app but that doesn't really help the OBi situation.

To do what I think you want to do RingTo would need to support sub-accounts or extensions as other providers (e.g. Callcentric, VoIP.ms) do or the OBiTalk portal would need to allow provisioning of more than one RingTo account on a single OBi (I believe it's possible to do so with Google Voice). Unfortunately, neither of these are options at this time with RingTo.

If I'm wrong about what you are trying to accomplish, more detail might help.

cluckercreek

I remember reading on the Ring.to site, about 911, that you only needed one 911 from Aveno. I don't know why it wouldn't be possible to have multiple numbers on the 202. That is what I eventually have in mind myself since I have 4 Ring.to numbers. One I will use just with GrooveIP and the others on the Obi.

rolandh

You can have multiple RingTo numbers in a single RingTo account ring on any OBi. What you cannot do, currently, is register a specific RingTo number to a particular SP slot nor can you provision more than one RingTo account to the same OBi on separate slots. I have multiple RingTo accounts with multiple telephone numbers in each for testing purposes. I'm a beta tester for both their Android and iOS mobile apps. I've tried provisioning a second RingTo account on my OBi 200. OBiTalk won't allow it without first deleting the existing RingTo account.

I'm a happy RingTo customer. They've come an incredibly long way in a short period of time. They will one day create the needed features to handle this use case but today is not that day. Here is one idea on RingTo's community forums that speaks to this https://community.ring.to/ideas/1268. It's status is planned. You do need to login in to the community using your RingTo account credentials.

I'm not certain I understand what the OP is trying to accomplish, which is why I've asked for more detail should he desire to provide it.

Cheers! Roland