News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Busy signal with third digit pressed on outbound calls

Started by erkme73, December 18, 2014, 08:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erkme73

I have two Obi boxes connected to the same GV account.  One is in my motorhome, so I haven't used it in a while. 

On my most recent trip to the coach, I noticed it wasn't ringing on inbound calls, but I could still dial out just fine.

When I logged into the OBitalk dashboard, the 202 in the camper showed it needed a firmware update.  I also realized that it was still set up to use ObiVoice (vestalink) from months ago.

After completing the firmware update (no errors), I deleted both SP1 and SP2, and chose GV for both providers (SP1 is my line, SP2 is wife's). 

Registration went find, and it shows "connected".  However, when I make a phone call, I get a fast-busy signal when I press the third digit of the outbound number I'm trying to call.  It doesn't matter what digit it is, it happens every time.

So I did a factory reset, and again set up GV on both SP1 and SP2.  Again, same results.

Am I missing an obvious step, or is this a case of having more than one OBI box on the same GV account?

Any ideas?

D-Forum

I'm having the same issue.

I have an Obi100. At some point outgoing calls stopped working. Then incoming stopped. I did a factory reset, re-added device, re-setup google voice, made a test call through google portal, enabled chat etc. I have a solid green light, and Obitalk dashboard says I'm connected, but I get a busy signal when dialing the third digit of any phone number.

EDIT: I was able to resolve this issue by entering my area code into the "7-Digit Dialing for USA & CAN
(Optional)" field in the google voice settings in obitalk. I guess it's not as optional as it says.