News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bluetooth pairing issue (Unable to pair with all kind of phones)

Started by realjohny, January 11, 2015, 12:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realjohny

Hi,
I am trying to connect my Obi200 with ObiBT with different phones. It connects with Samsung S5 and S4 but not with an LG Android phone, a Nokia basic phone and an ASUS tablet with calling function.

I want to buy a dedicated phone for Obi200 but I am not sure which one to get as in case of no connectivity it will be an issue. Kindly advise on a highly reliable phone with auto Bluetooth connectivity.

Regards.
Johny.

Ostracus

Maybe the reason you're not getting a reply is because, it depends. Once you have a phone with the right profiles, the issue of reliability as it applies to BT depends upon the quality of the stack on that respective phone. Best recommendation is to find a phone with the fewest BT problems, and buy from a place with a good return policy. Since you don't appear to be using the phone for much, you may want to go with something very simple.

giqcass

It might help if we knew what service you plan to use or even what country you are in.  These forums have world wide users.  I used a Motorola W385 with www.pagepluscellular.com for a long time.  I had it always paired and plugged in for an extended time as a backup.  Much in the same way you described.  It cost me $10 every 120 days for prepaid service.  I set it as #2 in a trunk group so it would automatically switch over.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Ostracus

I think I still have that phone someplace. Unfortunately I don't think CDMA is long for around here.

realjohny

I think problem I mentioned is mobile phone not connecting with ObiTalk with BT :)

stephenward

check with BT it sometimes the problem of service provider and they can give you best advice if you find the right customer service agent :)