News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi200 gigaset s820 phone rebooting

Started by tdnyc, December 23, 2014, 09:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdnyc

When I connect my phone to the OBI200 it reboots about every 20 min or so. Not sure what might be causing this some sort of polling perhaps...?

drgeoff

Not 100% clear if your phone or the Obi is rebooting.

If the phone, can you try plugging it in to a POTS line?

tdnyc

The phone reboots. I tried it with a different handset and I get the same issue. I don't have a POTS line to test on. I'll try swapping the cable for good measure.

drgeoff

Quote from: tdnyc on December 23, 2014, 02:02:55 PM
The phone reboots. I tried it with a different handset and I get the same issue. I don't have a POTS line to test on. I'll try swapping the cable for good measure.
The Gigaset 820 is a DECT base-station and handset. Which part(s) are rebooting?

Is this a new fault on a setup which had been working OK or is it a fault from the start on a new setup?

tdnyc

Its the base that is the issue.

Its a new setup that acts as an extension of a pre-existing rasPBX system I use for my international work/travel.

I suspect it has to do with a voicemail bug I read about. I have reset the base and disabled voicemail, network mail on the phone. Next I will disable MWI VMWI in the obi device and hopefully get to the bottom of it. Obviously this is a unique dilemma but if I resolve it I will post what I find.

tdnyc

Nothing in the logs that stands out to me but it is definitely related to VWMI. If I disable it no reboots. The reboot only occurs when the mwi bit is *not* set (OBI200 <Debug>: +++ mwi notify state 0), no voicemail in the system. Workaround is to not set VWMI but obviously this is not ideal given I won't know if my PBX has a message for this extension. I suppose I could use the phones voicemail but... I guess I'll try that but it is dissatisfying to have a buggy system.

I used this guide to set up the extension if someone who knows more than me (which is not that much) or thinks of something I should try. I can post logs as well if desired. I would like to resolve this if possible. I am aware it may be an issue with the phone but Gigaset's support is terrible, do yourself a favor and purchase from them.

drgeoff

Quote from: tdnyc on December 27, 2014, 09:36:40 AM.... Gigaset's support is terrible, do yourself a favor and purchase from them.
??