News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Use both lines on Obi200

Started by thebonedoc, December 24, 2014, 03:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebonedoc

I just got a Obi200 to replace my 100 so I can use the 2 line function.

I am trying to setup GV on one line (so any call made or received will only ring on Line 1)
And Phonepower on Line 2 to only ring and receive on this line.

I thougt this would be more straight forward to configure the line but I seem to be missing something

Thanks
Kenny

N7AS

The OBi200 has only 1 phone port. Do you mean that you have an OBi202?

If so, If GV is on SP1 set Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute to {ph1}

and, if PhonePower is on SP2 set Voice Services > SP2 Service > X-InboundCallRoute to {ph2}
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

thebonedoc

I have a 2 line phone and both lines get dial tone. I thought there would be a way to control each line independently. Yes this is on a Obi200

N7AS

You can use a different ring profile for each SP. This way you can have a different ring cadence for each service provider.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

azrobert

Like N7AS said, the OBi200 only supports 1 line.
You could use the OBi100 for a 2nd line.
You can route outbound calls from the OBi100 to any trunk on the OBi200.
You can also route any inbound call on the OBi200 to the Phone Port on the OBi100.

If your 2 line phone has a single cord you would need a splitter to connect it to both boxes.
Post a reply if you are interested with this configuration.
In your post include your requirements.

Edit:
I was curious of what you said about dial tone on your 2nd line of your 2 line phone.
I don't have a 2 line phone, but I plugged a 2 line splitter into my OBi200 and the 2nd line was dead.
Are you sure you have a 2 line phone or do you have a single line phone system with 2 handsets?

thebonedoc

def works with dial tone on line 1 and line 2

drgeoff

You can bump this thread as many times as you want but it won't change the fact that an OBi200 has only one set of electronics to connect a phone.

That you get dial tone on both lines of your 2-line phone does not prove otherwise. That could be because:

1. Your phone is faulty and always connects to Line #1.

2. Your phone is intelligent enough to sense that Line #2 is not active and always connects to Line #1.

3. The Obi200 internal wiring has the socket contacts corresponding to Lines #1and #2 joined together. Though azrobert's test indicates otherwise.

LTN1

Quote from: thebonedoc on December 28, 2014, 01:48:56 PM
def works with dial tone on line 1 and line 2

If you don't believe everyone else including Obihai that designed the OBi200, try making concurrent calls from the 2-line phone attached to the OBi200. Call a toll free number then put the phone on old (on hold and not three way calling) and try picking up line 2 connected to the same OBi200 and calling.

You could have just tried that test rather than coming back two weeks later to bump the thread. Bump for what reason?