News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both

Started by ShermanObi, January 31, 2011, 02:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro675

I've been on this forum a while now but am just getting to get a Goggle Voice number and configure the Obi device.

The tutorial screen is different than the actual Goggle Voice screen which is confusing.

Here is what I get:

"Enter a number to link. Inbound calls to your Google Voice number will be forwarded to this number (555) 555-5555
Google Voice will send you a text message containing a 6-digit code. You can also verify by phone."

What number link are they talking about, the number I picked from the Goggle Voice selection? I'm assuming the (555) 555-5555 will be a cell phone number for text message on 6 digit code? Why do I need calls forwarded from another number?

Please help. Thanks

Pedro675

Quote from: Pedro675 on May 14, 2018, 08:07:39 AM
I've been on this forum a while now but am just getting to get a Goggle Voice number and configure the Obi device.

The tutorial screen shots are different than the actual Goggle Voice screens, which is confusing.

Here is what I get:

"Enter a number to link. Inbound calls to your Google Voice number will be forwarded to this number (555) 555-5555
Google Voice will send you a text message containing a 6-digit code. You can also verify by phone."

What number link are they talking about, the number I picked from the Goggle Voice selection? I'm assuming the (555) 555-5555 will be a cell phone number for text message on 6 digit code? Why do I need calls forwarded from another number?

Please help. Thanks

OK, I just went ahead and set this up as best I could. None of the tutorial pages is the same as the present web setup pages. I guess they need to be updated.

I used my existing home number to link to GV and get an activation code. That number is listed to have the GV number forward calls to - until I deselected the forward-calls-to check box. I have setup the OBi200 and it seems to  work. Initially both the phone not connected and connected to the OBi device rang, but I've fixed that. I also had to enable a ring tone on the portable phone connected to the OBi device as I was using the kitchen phone as the ringer phone previous.

One annoying aspect is if someone is on the iPad (which is setup for Goggle Hangouts) and the GV number is called the iPad immediately switches to Hangouts. I'll have to attempt to fix that.

I'll test this for a few days then go ahead and port my original home number to GV.

ctvi

If you programmed your device locally, can you import the config back to the obitalk.com webpage?

drgeoff

Quote from: ctvi on April 19, 2020, 07:11:18 AM
If you programmed your device locally, can you import the config back to the obitalk.com webpage?
Using the local interface you can do a configuration backup to a file on your computer.  You can then import that file into OBi Expert.  However, passwords and ITSP account info are not saved in backups so must be re-entered manually.

Chelsafaza

what is a Line Port VoIP Gateway ?

cps test
click speed test