News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to call out from AA

Started by johnnyk74, May 22, 2011, 08:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyk74

I purchased the Obi110 a couple of months ago, configurated it with my GV number (set as SP1), and attached a phone to the Obi110--works great.

However, I am unable to make calls through AA.  I've called my GV/Obi110 number directly from my cell phone (in circle of trust) and get prompted by AA.  But after selecting "2", and entering a 10 digit US number, the AA states "Please wait while your call is being connected", then hangs up after 10 seconds of silence.  AA has SP1 as primary line (no difference if I dial **1 prefix either).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

earthtoobi

since you called into your GV number(sp1), shouldn't you be wanting to use the Line port(**8) or SP2 (**2,if configured)to continue the call.

RonR

Quote from: earthtoobi on May 22, 2011, 11:09:17 PM
since you called into your GV number(sp1), shouldn't you be wanting to use the Line port(**8) or SP2 (**2,if configured)to continue the call.

There's nothing that prohibits one calling back out on Google Voice.  Google Voice and the OBi can handle two sessions on one Google Voice account.

johnnyk74

I think I figured out the source of the problem--the firmware update.

After reading the posts about DTMF problems after upgrading, I downgraded my firmware back to 2103.  Now I can make a new call through the AA.  This makes sense as I remember being able to do this before the firmware update.

So yes, now 2-step dialing works again.

Obihai team, please look into this!