News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV conditional call forward not working when calling via OBI

Started by Sivapad, January 02, 2015, 08:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sivapad

1. My GV is configured with "Activate Google voicemail on this phone" for my mobile. This enables the calls to mobile phone are forwarded to GV and also to use GV as voicemail.
2. GV number is connected via OBI110
3. GV number is now my home phone landline.
4. From home phone (connected via OBI110) when I call my mobile phone things start to go side ways. Say I call from home phone to my mobile. If I don't pickup mobile phone the call will be routed back to GV. Since the call originated from OBI110 (GV) back to OBI110 (GV) it is getting confused.
5. If I disable "Activate Google voicemail on this phone" everything is working fine.

Anyone solved this problem? Any creative ideas? Is there a way to not forward calls back to GV when originating from GV.

SteveInWA

Hi:

What mobile phone carrier are you with?  What was the exact command you entered to enable CCF?

Sivapad

I am with tmobile. The command I entered is **004*1XXXXXXXXX#

Replace "XXXXXXXXX" with my 10 digit GV phone number.

CCF itself is working. If I call from a different phone (not my GV or mobile) to my mobile everything works as expected. The call is routed back to GV hence I can pick up via OBI or leave it so it goes to voice message. This is exactly how CCF is supposed to work. However when I call from GV via OBI, I don't answer mobile, it looks like the call is routed back to GV as it is supposed. Since the call is originated and also comes back to OBI, I think it is getting messed up.

Is there a way to disable CCF only for one number?

SteveInWA

What you are describing is the expected behavior:  you're creating a call-forwarding loop.  It's not supported.  No, you cannot selectively enable or disable CCF for an individual phone number; it is a feature of the mobile phone network that controls the behavior for all calls.