News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo audio issue

Started by DarkEmbr, January 06, 2015, 11:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkEmbr

Hey all! Just got my first OBi and getting her set up. Running into a slight issue when it comes to using Anveo.

Caller calls in, I can hear them just fine when holding the phone normally. They cannot hear me. Tilt the phone mic towards my mouth, then they can hear me.

When I make or receive a call on GV it is fine holding it normally, they can hear me and I can hear them.

Any ideas?

drgeoff

If you speak more loudly instead of tilting the phone can you be heard on Anveo calls?

If yes, I'd guess that when using Anveo there is a Voice Activity Detector in circuit somewhere in the route - not in your Obi - whose threshold is too high.  There is a gain control* in your Obi which you can increase to have the same effect as you speaking more loudly.  However if that works, you really ought to raise the matter with Anveo.

*Physical Interfaces/Phone Port/Port Settings/Channel Rx gain.  Default setting is 0.  Can be increased to +6.

DarkEmbr

Quote from: drgeoff on January 07, 2015, 02:00:20 AM
If you speak more loudly instead of tilting the phone can you be heard on Anveo calls?

If yes, I'd guess that when using Anveo there is a Voice Activity Detector in circuit somewhere in the route - not in your Obi - whose threshold is too high.  There is a gain control* in your Obi which you can increase to have the same effect as you speaking more loudly.  However if that works, you really ought to raise the matter with Anveo.

*Physical Interfaces/Phone Port/Port Settings/Channel Rx gain.  Default setting is 0.  Can be increased to +6.

Would it be Tx or Rx? Tx is Transmit and Rx is Receive. And for some reason Tx is -2 and Rx -1 in the config

Anyway, tried increasing it slightly and raising my voice, still nothing. Going to contact Anveo and see, otherwise may be switching out from Anveo days after signing up with them,

drgeoff

If you hover your mouse over the help "?" on the OBi's local web interface it explains that ChanRxGain affects the level from the phone to the OBi.