News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 - How many phones on each line

Started by SierraHouse, January 14, 2015, 09:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SierraHouse

I just installed my Obi202. A tech support guy at Phone Power told me the 202 would only support ONE phone on each line.

How many telephones can I have on each line?

I would like to have 1) Panasonic Wireless Base Station (wall adapter powered) and 2) Panasonic 2 line Phones with corded handsets (battery powered) on the Line One Port. Is this going to be a problem?

drgeoff

The tech support guy misinformed you.  An Obi will support more than one phone on each PHONE jack.  The exact number depends on the characteristics of the phones and there have been some, not totally confirmed, reports that long runs of house wiring can have an impact.

You should be fine with the base station plus the two corded phones.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringer_equivalence_number.  OB1202 is specified as Max Ring Load = 5 REN.

SierraHouse

Thank You!

I just read your link for the REN.

I think I will be fine with the long run voltage drop issue. My telephone junction block has all solder connections and the rest is cleanly installed.

MurrayB

Five REN is a lot of overhead as the spec is based on mechanical ringers. The typical DECT6 Panasonic Cordless, count the base only, is .1 REN.

I used the Obi110 to drive an old mechanical key system plus single line and cordless with no issue.

Good Luck!