News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial Plan help

Started by RoryM, January 19, 2015, 07:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoryM

Hi all.

I have an OBi100 at home. SP1 is PhonePower and SP2 I have connected as a generic SIP to my office phone system (it is an extension on the phone system). Everything seems to be working OK as I can make inbound and outbound calls without any issue.

I'm wondering though if there is a way to set up a dial plan so that if I dial a 3 digit extension, it automatically routes out SP2? My phone system uses 3xx and 4xx for system extensions and 7xx is the voicemail system. If I dial say 305, I'd like it to route that through to SP2 and call extension 305.

drgeoff

Yes you can craft a dial plan which will match on 3 digit entries and send out on SP2.

However you need to ensure that when dialling longer numbers (for SP1) that your dial plan does not action those before you have dialled the 4th digit.  You may want to play with the inter-digit timer to help with that.  Also things will be eased if your phones are of a type (eg DECT) where you first dial the complete number and then press a 'send' key.

Edit:  Adding missing 'not' so as to read ' ... dial plan does not action ....'.

202Owner

Quote from: RoryM on January 19, 2015, 07:41:38 AM
I'm wondering though if there is a way to set up a dial plan so that if I dial a 3 digit extension, it automatically routes out SP2? My phone system uses 3xx and 4xx for system extensions and 7xx is the voicemail system. If I dial say 305, I'd like it to route that through to SP2 and call extension 305.

One way to do it using the PLI Primary Line set to TG1 Trunk Group 1:

SP1 digit map (Msp1):  permissible digits to be dialed and routed to sp1, excluding 3xx, 4xx, 7xx

SP2 digit map (Msp2):  ([347]xx)

PLI Primary Line set to TG1 Trunk Group 1:  sp1,sp2

TG1 Trunk Group 1 digit map (Mtg1) = (Mpli):  ((Msp1)|(Msp2))

PH1 PHONE Port digit map:  (...|(Mpli))

PH1 PHONE Port outbound call route:  ...,{(Mpli):pli}

When you dial 3xx or 4xx or 7xx, it will be accepted by (Mpli) and routed to pli = tg1 = sp1,sp2.  It will then be accepted again by (Msp2) and routed to sp2.

If you need to dial 3xx, 4xx, or 7xx on SP1, you'll need to add a prefix in (Msp2) to make the digits dialed different, and then remove that prefix in the outbound call route before routing to sp2.  Then, to call a work extension, you'll dial say *311... the * will get stripped and 311 will route to sp2.

The default interdigit timeout should be fine.

Edited for syntax.