December 11, 2017, 01:35:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OBiON for iOS Update Available  (Read 39249 times)
OBiSupport
Administrator

« on: January 19, 2015, 04:23:10 pm »

The OBiON app has been updated for iOS8. 
Please let us know if you find any issues:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/obion/id403785533?mt=8

Thank you for your support!
truelies

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 04:26:44 pm »

Still can't login for the new update.
OBiSupport
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 04:32:11 pm »

Do you mean you, "Still can't login with the new update?"

What is the error message on the screen when the OBiON app is attempting to login?
What type/model of iOS device do you have?
What iOS software version is your device using?

Thanks!
nsne

Dilettante.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 06:11:27 pm »

Not to sound ungrateful yes, the infinite "Acquiring Service" loop is fixed but the app is still a bit of a mess. Tapping "Logout" doesn't really appear to log you out, although it kind of does ("Signing out OBiTalk" reads the popup), and my speed dials don't seem to have imported, either.

There's also a giant orange bar at the bottom of the screen for no discernible reason, and the app text bleeds into the menubar (see screenshot).

So, yes, many thanks for fixing the most glaring bug, but is it unreasonable to expect an app that isn't so amateurish?
truelies

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 09:35:03 am »

Do you mean you, "Still can't login with the new update?"
Means can't log in for a long time

What is the error message on the screen when the OBiON app is attempting to login?
Use online yahoo email and password to login , got 'Error Signing in check your user ID and Password'. Same email and pass can sign in online
What type/model of iOS device do you have?
iphone 5s
What iOS software version is your device using?
ios 8.1.2

Thanks!

Just tried again, this time can login
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:43:18 am by truelies » Logged
Jean-Charles

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 11:26:19 am »

*edit* figured it out. You guys aren't encoding the ampersand (&) symbol correctly. In other words, if the password contains an ampersand, it will fail in the iOS app. This suggests to me you're posting the login with x-www-form-urlencoded without properly escaping characters.

Fixes would include: changing to multipart form encoding or properly escaping fields. I'm going to fire up a proxy and dig a little deeper because this could prove a bigger problem than you guys think.

---

For what it's worth, I am unable to sign in as well.

I click on the ObiTalk tab, enter my username and password which I know to be 100% correct, and click login.

I see the "Signing in OBiTalk" dialog, followed quickly by an "Error Signing In - Check your User ID and Password".

For what it's worth, I have a very long, very complex password with multiple symbols.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:50:31 am by Jean-Charles » Logged
xlurkr

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 04:03:30 pm »

First, thanks for finally updating the app.  It seems to work very well, and it's fast!

The tops of the call logs are obscured by the header, and you have to pull them down to access the latest entries.  While pulling down, you can't tap the entries to call back or to get more info via the "i" button.

-Tom
StevenLinna

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 05:45:00 pm »

So I am running ios 8.1.2, anjust installed Obion 1.2.2(2294.1).
I am not having the aquiring service issue, it logs in fine, but I think there is an issuewith the settings.  In the app, on the obitslk settings page nothinv here is changable, and the voice gateway is blank.

When I tryto callany number , I just get a fast busy.  I deleted and reinstalled with same result.  Is there something I am missing?
drdigital1

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 07:40:43 pm »

Some quick observations:
1. The OBiON Download Instructions and Features  posting in this thread as well as other sources say that one needs to set up VoiceServices->AutoAttendant->InboundCallroute in the web configuration portal
I followed the instructions, but following the requested reboot the setting was wiped out and the default was restored (even though the default box was unchecked)
The interesting thing is that the app works and I can make calls so it seems that this setting is not necessary.
2. The app is not reliable: sometimes after dialing a number you see Calling but nothing happens
3. The app drains the battery even when not used. I just terminate the app when not using it
4. Speed dial numbers are not imported and you cannot add or import
5. In order not to enter all the digits when dialing, one has to add contacts; when you want to do so, you are given the option to Import From Phonebook. Nothing happens when you select this option so you have to add each contact manually.
6. as others reported too, this app is not polished at all e.g., text is not always visible, etc. The premier telecom product manufacturer can do better than this.
nsne

Dilettante.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 10:58:44 am »

I can confirm all the above issues highlighted by drdigital1, particularly the battery drain. My iPhone 5S went from fully charged to dead overnight.

Another issue is that it's possible to "face dial" when using the app. I don't know if there's something in the iOS API that allows the app to recognize when it's in use, but it would be great to implement something along those lines. Otherwise you have to hold the phone away from your face to avoid pressing unwanted digits during a call.
byurick

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 05:05:31 pm »

Cant call out or receive calls with the app. iPhone 6 w/8.1.3

Outgoing call attempts or using the mirror server check (222 222 222) just give a busy signal.
rpnmtb

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 07:02:41 am »

Yesterday I downloaded and installed OBiON for the first time using the latest download.  I am able to log into the app but I do not see and SoftPhone on my OBi dashboard and as a result I am unable to configure the voice gateway.  My understanding is that logging into the App should automatically create the SoftPhone on my dashboard.
azrobert
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 07:56:47 am »

From the OBiTalk dashboard click Edit Profile on the left column.
At the bottom of the page check "View Softphone..."
Also check "Enable Obi Expert..."
Click Submit Query.
Now you can see the softphone and go directly to OBi Expert from the dashboard.
Click Obi Dashboard.
On the right of your OBixxx is an icon with a red E.
Click on it to enter OBi Expert.
rpnmtb

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 08:12:49 am »

From the OBiTalk dashboard click Edit Profile on the left column.
At the bottom of the page check "View Softphone..."
Also check "Enable Obi Expert..."
Click Submit Query.
Now you can see the softphone and go directly to OBi Expert from the dashboard.
Click Obi Dashboard.
On the right of your OBixxx is an icon with a red E.
Click on it to enter OBi Expert.

azrobert, thanks for the help.
bimmer

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 11:56:55 am »

<snip>

When I tryto callany number , I just get a fast busy.  I deleted and reinstalled with same result.  Is there something I am missing?

To get the OBiON app to work you have to configure a softphone in your service:
1. Log in to ObiTALK
2. Click on the "gear" icon for Softphone*
3. Give it a name and pick the OBI Voice Gateway you want to use for calls from the app.

*Note if you don't see the "gear" icon then edit your profile:
At the very bottom of your profile page check the box marked "View Softphone on Dashboard" and save.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: