News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setup Google Voice to call everywhere BUT Canada?!

Started by Quickstrike, May 25, 2011, 06:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quickstrike

Nice work guys :).
I own the Obi110 BTW.

I reread the Obi Admin guide - for some reason I originally thought that Voice Gateways were a way to get around the 2 SP voice service cap, whilst still using a single Obi unit :-[.

Will just have to add credit to the Google Voice account - for international calls.
Costs 2 cents a minute to Australia Landlines, compared to BetaMax's 4 free months (limit 300min/5 hours a week) and 1 cent a minute thereafter.

Usage : ~75% of the time the outgoing call will be to Canada / ~15% to Australia / ~10% to USA

RonR

Quote from: Quickstrike on May 28, 2011, 09:16:17 AM
I reread the Obi Admin guide - for some reason I originally thought that Voice Gateways were a way to get around the 2 SP voice service cap, whilst still using a single Obi unit :-[.

Since you have a SIP provider configured on SP2, you can use the Voice Gateways for additional SIP providers:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.0

Quickstrike

Ugh.. Do you know if this service [or BetaMax services in general] requires SIP registration?

Aren't you registering with the server if you fill in the "AuthUserID" & "AuthPassword" fields? The SIP server is communicating/registering with your Obi to verify that the Username and Password are correct?!

RonR

I don't know if BetaMax services require SIP registration.  I had a bad experience wirh VoIP Buster a long time ago and wouldn't do business with BetaMax again under any circumstances.

SIP registration is not necessarily required to make calls.  Authenticated INVITE's are used to verify the client's identity and to place the call.  I'm using Voice Gateways with IdeaSIP and Whistlephone without any registration.

Quickstrike

Full DigitMap : (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)

Direct copy and paste config changes from your thread:

QuotePhone Port DigitMap:

|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg3)|**4(Mvg4)|**6(Mvg6)|**7(Mvg7)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|

PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute:

{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(<**4:>(Mvg4)):vg4},
{(<**6:>(Mvg6)):vg6},{(<**7:>(Mvg7)):vg7},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

How I dialed to Australia : **301161282557444
Result : Busy tone

Xlite softphone configured with details provided on Betamax site
How I dialed to Australia : 01161282557444
Result : Call successfully connected

Are there any errors in my Obi110 config?
Does this confirm that you must register BetaMax accounts?

Thank You!

RonR

SPx should be SP2 in your case.

The bolded parts of the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute are ADDITIONS to the default values, not entire replacement values.

Quickstrike

EDIT: It seems to be working AFTER the alterations I made below + DISABLING THE FIREWALL [NAT] on my router :)!!
I forget.. is there a way to get around the NAT / Voice Gateway issue? Apparently you can't use STUN, so I am forced to disable NAT 24/7?!

I added "SP2" to the AccessNumber field + changed the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.

Now when I try calling an Australian number, there is silence for ~30 seconds.. followed by a series of clicks.. and finally I am left with a dial tone.

Obi Call History:

BetaMax Call Log - says that my calls are between 7-9 seconds long .. even though I hear nothing on my end:

See Top of my Message to see that I have fixed this issue by disabling NAT.

RonR

Quote from: Quickstrike on May 28, 2011, 11:41:05 PM

Now when I try calling an Australian number, there is silence for ~30 seconds.. followed by a series of clicks.. and finally I am left with a dial tone.

Is the OBi spontaneously rebooting?  If it is, the UpTime is usually displayed with no reboot reason code in parenthesis:

UpTime    0 Days 5:42:27

You might want to post your entire PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.  There's no error checking in the OBi and a malformed value can cause the OBi to crash, although that's probably not happening since the call appears to be being processed.

Quickstrike

That was a quick reply!

Please see my revised post.

I am getting audio now that I disabled NAT :).

RonR

Since you have a SIP provider registered on SP2, you can add a STUN server on ITSPB and it should be effective on Voice Gateways.

Quickstrike

There We Go!

Can't thank you enough for your help :).

Best Regards.