News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice as SP1 - Vonage as physical line

Started by Andrew1234, May 26, 2011, 07:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew1234

I have google voice as SP1 and I have a vonage box plugged into the line port. Rather than pushing **8 to get to use that line how can I set up a dial plan so that if I dial a number starting with a zero it goes out on the vonage but all other calls go out over the default google voice number ?

Thanks,

RonR

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1AAA>xxxxxxx|011xx.|<0:**8>xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

AAA = your local area code

N7AS

I have a similar situation.
My OBi110 line port is connected to my PAP2T line 2 port which is configured with a Localphone DID. When I want to call out using Localphone, all I have to do is press # and get a second dial tone and then dial my number. I was going to modify my dial plan, but this way works for me.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

Andrew1234

Thanks for the advice, I don't think I made myself clear. The vonage line plugged into the line port has a UK number, all UK numbers start with a 0.

Rather than selecting one line over another I would like my obitalk box to know that if the phone number starts with a zero it dials out on the line port otherwise it uses the google voice attached to SP1.

Can that be done with an obitalk without prefixing anything ?

Thanks,

Andrew

RonR

Using the following DigitMap, all calls will go to SP1 (Google Voice) except those that start with 0.  Numbers starting with 0 (but not 011) will go out the LINE Port.  If that's not what you're asking for, I still don't understand.  (The previous DigitMap removed the leading 0 before sending the number out the LINE Port - this one does not.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1AAA>xxxxxxx|011xx.|<**8>0xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

AAA = your local area code