December 10, 2017, 11:41:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New and Stupid: Please I need a plain language explanation  (Read 19804 times)
EllenL

« on: January 26, 2015, 10:18:59 am »

I have just acquired an OBi100.  I have my Google Voice number on it.  I will also have a second VOIP service with my home phone number. My home handset will ring when people call either number, and I can make calls out with my regular handset.

Is the OBiON is a softphone? Can I set it up to ring (on my iPhone) at the same time that my handsets ring through the OBi100 device? 

Is that what this app is?  I am looking for that.  An app to put into my iPhone that will ring, and from which I can call, as if I was at home using my regular handset and the OBi100 using either data or WiFi.
azrobert
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:30:48 am »

OBion is a softphone and can do everything you want, but will require some configuration changes on the OBi100. It has been a very unreliable (understatement) for the iPhone, but OBihai has recently provided an update.
See: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9320.0

colleenz

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 02:37:29 pm »

I have just acquired an OBi100.  I have my Google Voice number on it.  I will also have a second VOIP service with my home phone number. My home handset will ring when people call either number, and I can make calls out with my regular handset.

Is the OBiON is a softphone? Can I set it up to ring (on my iPhone) at the same time that my handsets ring through the OBi100 device? 

Is that what this app is?  I am looking for that.  An app to put into my iPhone that will ring, and from which I can call, as if I was at home using my regular handset and the OBi100 using either data or WiFi.

Ellen, I'm just replying to your title, "new & stupid."    I think you will find a lot of help here, & the smart people were all "new" at some point.  I'm still trying to understand all the terminology & have found the folks who have answered my posts to be kind & patient.  Colleen
EllenL

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 05:34:04 pm »

Thanks, Colleen and azrobert
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:35:40 pm by EllenL » Logged
azrobert
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 07:27:35 pm »

Ask if you need help configuring the OBi100.
You can have single stage dialing from OBion instead of using the Auto Attendant.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: