News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Small Business VoIP ?

Started by hornshwangler, May 26, 2011, 08:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornshwangler

Hello to all! this is my first post and hope someone here will be able to help. I have browsed and searched for an answer to my question without any luck so I thought I'd give this a try.

I have a small home based business and need flexible phone connectivity for voice purposes only. I currently have an online, 800 fax service that I'm happy with though I'm always looking to reduce my costs. I currently have a Kall8 toll free number that is transferred to my cell phone. I have no POTS but have 2 gvoice numbers, one is for business purposes and the other is a personal number. I also have a polycom speaker phone and will add a cordless system of some type that allows the use of a very good and comfortable headset. I have been looking at the ooma telo but don't think this will satisfy my needs and it's expensive with the premiere service. I've also looked at a virtual PBX but, as I'm the only person in the company at the moment, this seems expensive and is probably overkill. I just found the OBi110 yesterday while searching for an alternative to the ooma and feel like this and OBiTalk may meet some or most of my connectivity requirements. Anyone here have any input on the use of the OBi110 with my current devices and very high level requirements?

thanks in advance for your help
Dan

yhfung

You may buy an OBi100 since you do not have POTS. One OB100 can install two GV numbers but you are only allowed to connect one telephone, which can be either corded or cordless phone.

Or you may buy two OBi100s

1st OBi100 : install one of your GV accounts and connect the PHONE Port to the corded phone
2nd OBi100 : install your another GV account and connect the PHONE Port to the cordless phone

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

hornshwangler

YH,

Thanks for the response. I was hoping to have my Kall8 service pass through the device(s) and have a distinctive ring for each service, my Kall8, the gv business, and the gv personal. My outbound calls could go through the Kall8 or another sip. My goal is to get all the voice communications funneled through a device(s) that allows all or some phones to ring distinctively and provide outbound calling from any phone device. I spoke to Sherman at OBi just moments ago and he suggested I could daisy chain a 100 & a 110 (connected through the line port) and perhaps accomplish what I'm seeking. A simple configuration for management purposes would also be highly desirable. Any other thoughts?

thanks again
Dan