News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Freephoneline SIP with Obi200

Started by atsn714, January 26, 2015, 12:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atsn714

Hello, I have been able to setup my Obi200 showing that my SIP key is registered on the Obi Dashboard but still unable to get any incoming or outgoing calls.  The settings from my SIP account requires the tweaking of the RTP packet size and ring tone settings under Expert Configuration.

Inbound/Outbound Proxy:   voip.freephoneline.ca
Registration Expires:   3600
Use Preferred Codec:   G711U or G729a
Use Preferred Codec Only:   No
RTP Packet Size:   0.020
Ring Tone Frequency:   52
Ring Tone Voltage:   90

I am unable to find the RTP Packet size value to change in the configuration menu.  The Ring tone Freq and Voltage under Physical Interface-Phone 1, will not accept a change in the preset values.

Please help.

Thanks.

Taoman

Quote from: atsn714 on January 26, 2015, 12:13:10 PM

I am unable to find the RTP Packet size value to change in the configuration menu.  The Ring tone Freq and Voltage under Physical Interface-Phone 1, will not accept a change in the preset values.

Look under Codecs for "PacketizationPeriod" but the default setting is already 20ms.

You need to uncheck both boxes to the right of the field you want to change and then save your changes.

atsn714

Thanks,  I was able to change the Tone Freq and Voltage after unchecking the boxes.  However, my phone rings but cannot connect to receive calls or make outgoing calls.  I do not get a dial tone when I pick up the phone on SP2.

I am able to use the phone normally with SP1 configured for Google Voice, so I know that the phone is functional.

Any additional help would be appreciated.

drgeoff

I'm slightly confused!

1.  There is no relationship between a SIP account and either of the RingFrequency or RingVoltage.

2.  There is only one phone jack on an Obi200.  The OBi gives you dial tone when you lift the phone.  At that time the Obi200 cannot know which SP you want to use.  Only when you have dialled enough digits can the OBi determine which SP to use.  So why do you say "I do not get a dial tone when I pick up the phone on SP2."?   

atsn714

Thanks drgeoff,

1) I am following the SIP account setup that was provided to me by FPL which has different settings for the Ring Freq and Ring Voltage than the default settings.

2) let me clarify, I am not getting a dial tone after I enter **2 to pick my SP2 (FPL) line for outgoing calls.

I have read your other post and I am going to try to reset my OBI200 to factory defaults and reconfigure SP1 for FPL and SP2 for GV.

drgeoff

Quote from: atsn714 on January 27, 2015, 12:32:27 PM
2) let me clarify, I am not getting a dial tone after I enter **2 to pick my SP2 (FPL) line for outgoing calls.
That is normal. Continue dialling the rest of the number.  What happens?

It is not like dialling 9 on a PBX and getting dial tone from an outside line.

(Most phones work fine with the default RingFrequency and RingVoltage.  Nothing to do with the Service Provider.  FPL are off-beam if they are suggesting those settings must be changed for their SIP accounts.)

corporate_gadfly

Quote from: atsn714 on January 27, 2015, 12:32:27 PM

1) I am following the SIP account setup that was provided to me by FPL which has different settings for the Ring Freq and Ring Voltage than the default settings.

I briefly skimmed the post, so forgive me if I miss any minute details. However, for FPL SIP settings, the only two non-default settings for me are ProxyServer (voip.freephoneline.ca) and RegistrationPeriod (180 - you can try 3600 if you want as specified by FPL).

Everything else is on default settings and it "just works". I have a OBi202 (similar to your OBi200).

Hope that helps.

See screenshot

atsn714

When I used **2 then followed by the nine digit phone number, the call would not go through.  The phone does not provide a dial tone, busy signal or any signs of connecting.

BTW, I have deleted both of my SP1 and SP2 setups.  With my FPL login credentials set up for SP1 this time, my Obi Dashboard status is showing Registered and not Connected as it did for GV.  It seems that FPL is not connecting to OBI200 properly.

drgeoff

Quote from: atsn714 on January 27, 2015, 01:12:21 PMWith my FPL login credentials set up for SP1 this time, my Obi Dashboard status is showing Registered and not Connected as it did for GV.
That is also correct.  GV shows as "Connected" but SIP SPs show as "Registered".

You won't get another dial tone after you start dialling.  That is normal.

Point your browser at  your OBi's IP address.  Log in with admin and admin. Click on Status.  Click on Call History.  Can you see any details of the call you tried to make?

atsn714

corporate_gadfly,

Thanks for the screen shot.  I noticed that on my setup, after ProxyServer Value, there is a red exclamation mark as well as after Registration Period and Register Retry Interval.  Is the red exclamation mark showing that the entry is incorrect?

atsn714

drgeoff,

I am not at the site with the Obi200.  I will use my browser to access my OBi's IP address to check later.

Any thoughts on the red exclamation marks that I see on my SIP setup?

Thanks.

drgeoff

The red exclamation marks merely signify that those settings have been changed from their default values.  They do not signify an error of any kind.

corporate_gadfly

Quote from: atsn714 on January 27, 2015, 01:32:48 PM
corporate_gadfly,

Thanks for the screen shot.  I noticed that on my setup, after ProxyServer Value, there is a red exclamation mark as well as after Registration Period and Register Retry Interval.  Is the red exclamation mark showing that the entry is incorrect?

Hmmm... I don't use the OBiTALK provisioning portal (I prefer using local web interface), so can't comment.

Status for Freephoneline when registered properly should be something like:
Registered (server=208.65.240.44:5060; expire in 175s)

If you login to freephonline.ca and go to the SIP settings, what does it say under YOUR SIP STATUS? Mine says:SIP Status: connected
SIP User Agent: OBIHAI/OBi202-3.0.1.4477

atsn714

I have reset my Obi200 to factory defaults and re-entered FPL for SP1 and GV for SP2.

I am getting the same connected status on the FPL website.  The ObiTalk Dashboard is showing SP1-Registered and SP2-Connected.  I am able to make and receive calls from GV on SP2.  But still unable to make or receive calls from FPL.

With outgoing calls I get the message that " the xxx-xxx-xxxx has not received a response from the service provider" and does not connect.

With incoming calls, the FPL line rings until the voicemail picks up the call despite trying to answer the phone.

This is my last day with FPL.  I think I will sign up with Anveo, at least they will provide support for their service.

Thanks.

corporate_gadfly

out of ideas. Maybe your network router is being funny with SIP.

atsn714

FINALLY...got everything working with email support from FPL.  Server was set to voip4.freephoneline.ca and port 6060 ;D

atsn714

Now I am trying to setup SP2 with voip.ms and getting the same problem with voip.ms setup.  When making outgoing call from voip.ms, error message that the number dialed has not received a response from the service provider.  I tried the alternate port 5080 as suggested without success.

Any suggestions?

atsn714

Problem resolved.  I tried the Obi200 with my Rogers modem and all lines are working.  Didn't like the Primus modem for some reason.