News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help required choosing the right device for the UK

Started by JeremyW, January 27, 2015, 09:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeremyW

WelshPaul

Well I successfully setup a voipcheap account oon my Obi200.

Status   Registered (server=77.72.169.131:5060; expire in 49s)

All I needed to enter was:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > Sip > ProxyServer: sip.voipcheap.com

Voice Services > SP1 Service > AuthUserName: ***My VoipCheap Username***
Voice Services > SP1 Service > AuthPassword: ***MY VOIPCHEAP PASSWORD***

I have no credit on the account so cannot test further but I am registered ok.

Can you confirm as requested above if your device has actually registered?
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

WelshPaul

You posted while I was writing... OK that's good, shows you have successfully registered.

Can you receive calls ok?

Is it just outbound calls your having issues with?

Are you getting a recorded message when dialling out at all?
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

JeremyW

Quote from: WelshPaul on January 29, 2015, 06:40:53 AM
You posted while I was writing... OK that's good, shows you have successfully registered.

Can you receive calls ok?

Is it just outbound calls your having issues with?

Incoming is fine. To test outgoing I'm calling my mobile - it works but it's going out over BT. The call isn't being registered by the Voipcheap call log.

EDIT: What's the URI field? And...it's as though the SIP 'line' is not primary and defaulting to PSTN.

WelshPaul

Yea I think the default primary line is PSTN. You need to change it to SP1...

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine

EDIT: We are crossing posts lol, ignore the URI field just change the primary line and you should be good.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

JeremyW

Quote from: WelshPaul on January 29, 2015, 06:51:13 AM

Duh! Why didn't I spot that. Rebooting....brb...

JeremyW

Quote from: WelshPaul on January 29, 2015, 06:51:13 AM

EDIT: We are crossing posts lol, ignore the URI field just change the primary line and you should be good.

Yay! All working. Questions:

1) If the internet fails I DON'T want calls 'falling back' to PSTN. Otherwise I'd get an unwelcome hefty BT bill for calls to Iceland! Is there an option to prevent that?

2) Further to the above question, is there a prefix for forcing a call over PSTN?

3) If the internet fails, will the call routing in the dial plan you did for me still work as normal. I.E. calls that would normally go out over PSTN still will.

WelshPaul

Quote from: JeremyW on January 29, 2015, 07:02:55 AM
1) If the internet fails I DON'T want calls 'falling back' to PSTN. Otherwise I'd get an unwelcome hefty BT bill for calls to Iceland! Is there an option to prevent that?
Never tested this, they shouldn't no. You would get a recorded message informing you that the call cannot be completed by the obi.

2) Further to the above question, is there a prefix for forcing a call over PSTN?
Yes there is, the prefix is **8 so just dial **81234 to force the number 1234 out over the PSTN line. To force numbers out over VoipCheap just dial **1 so to force 1234 out over VoipCheap dial **11234

3) If the internet fails, will the call routing in the dial plan you did for me still work as normal. I.E. calls that would normally go out over PSTN still will.
Yes they will still pass over the PSTN line.

EDIT: I think it's **8 to force a call over PSTN on the OBi110. I'm a 100% VoIP and have been for some time so I have not used the PSTN features for agesssssssss.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

JeremyW

Quote from: WelshPaul on January 29, 2015, 07:09:18 AM
Never tested this, they shouldn't no. You would get a recorded message informing you that the call cannot be completed by the obi.

Yes there is, the prefix is **8 so just dial **81234 to force the number 1234 out over the PSTN line. To force numbers out over VoipCheap just dial **1 so to force 1234 out over VoipCheap dial **11234

Yes they will still pass over the PSTN line.

EDIT: I think it's **8 to force a call over PSTN on the OBi110. I'm a 100% VoIP and have been for some time so I have not used the PSTN features for agesssssssss.

Just tested - no fall back to PSTN. After several seconds wait you get a message, so that's fine. PSTN calls went out as usual. **8 does indeed push the call to PSTN. I'm pretty happy here :) - just a few more questions:

1) With previous devices I had an issue with my Caller ID not showing up correctly on other people's phones (they would be PSTN) - it would show up as 'Unknown' or similar. Is there a way of forcing that in the 110 or is it totally down voipcheap and the way they handle it / route the call.

2) How can I ensure that the 110's firmware is up to date?

3) I fear I may have bu55ered up a few settings in my anxiety to get things working. How would I go about starting from scratch? I.E. reset everything to defaults and then reload your config and dial plan.

4) There's a User Login button in the web interface @ top left. What's that for?

WelshPaul

I just wrote out a massive post and by the time I pressed submit the forum logged me out and I lost the lot!  :-[

Quote from: JeremyW on January 29, 2015, 07:46:49 AM
1) With previous devices I had an issue with my Caller ID not showing up correctly on other people's phones (they would be PSTN) - it would show up as 'Unknown' or similar. Is there a way of forcing that in the 110 or is it totally down voipcheap and the way they handle it / route the call.

I just wrote a big post on this and lost the lot so I shall keep it brief, the outbound caller ID is set by the provider. All calls over your PSTN will display your PSTN's caller ID as it's sent by your PSTN provider. Same for VoIP...

I use Voipfone, VoiceHost and Sipgate. They offer inbound numbers which you can set the caller ID against. Voipfone and VoiceHost will allow you to add your PSTN number to your caller ID list once you provide proof the number is yours so that way making calls over PSTN or your VoIP trunk display the same caller ID so the person being called knows no difference.

VoipCheap don't offer this service so the caller ID is set to whatever is set by the route your call is placed over.

2) How can I ensure that the 110's firmware is up to date?

The easiest way would be to pick up the phone attached to your obi110 and Dial *** 6 and confirm the update (if available).

3) I fear I may have bu55ered up a few settings in my anxiety to get things working. How would I go about starting from scratch? I.E. reset everything to defaults and then reload your config and dial plan.

Just factory reset your Obi, There are 3 ways to do this:

1. Power on the unit (no need to connect phone or internet), and look for the distinctive hole on the back of the OBi110 by the top-left corner of the product label. Insert tip of a paper-clip and press for 10 seconds. The power LED will blink and the unit will reboot.

2. With the unit connected to the same network as your PC, open the webpage of the device.  Under System Management -> Device Update -> Reset Configuration.

3. Enter ***81 on the phone connected to the OBi's PHONE port.

Then just upload the UK XML file as instructed in a previous post, secondly navigate to Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port and replace the OutboundCallRoute with:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|999|112|101|111|116000|116111|116123|1471|1571|100|155|195|0[38]xxxxxxxxx):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Finally just configure VoipCheap as per this post: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9361.msg62226#msg62226 and then set the primary line to SP1 as instructed here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9361.msg62229#msg62229
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

WelshPaul

4) There's a User Login button in the web interface @ top left. What's that for?

You can log into your OBi's web interface as a user or admin. Logging in as a user allows only limited access to the web based GUI.

To log in as a user enter http://the IP ADDRESS OF YOUR OBI/user/ into your browsers URL. The default username and password is for the user account is "user".
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

JeremyW

Many, many thanks. Now to use it properly and quiz people on call quality. I'm really very grateful for all your help  :)

drgeoff

It can be worth knowing that dialling a single # connects you to the PSTN line.  You hear its dial tone and any further digits dialled go straight out without any mangling by digit maps.

drgeoff

Quote from: WelshPaul on January 29, 2015, 08:18:10 AM
I just wrote out a massive post and by the time I pressed submit the forum logged me out and I lost the lot!  :-[
When that happens try the 'Back' button on your browser. If it brings back your words of wisdom, highlight and copy to the clipboard so you can paste them into a new reply when you login again.

WelshPaul

Quote from: drgeoff on January 29, 2015, 09:34:42 AM
Quote from: WelshPaul on January 29, 2015, 08:18:10 AM
When that happens try the 'Back' button on your browser. If it brings back your words of wisdom, highlight and copy to the clipboard so you can paste them into a new reply when you login again.

Oh i did try lol... Almost cried when i realised i lost the lot!  ;D
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

JeremyW

@ WelshPaul - HELP! Getting plagued by incoming calls from '100', every few minutes. Never anyone there. When this happened on the Grandstream I had to turn off a setting which was something to do with direct IP calling / dialling. Does that make any sense at all? Trying to find something similar that might help in the 110 settings.

drgeoff

SIP scanners.

See eg http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3321.0.

And do a search on the forum for "Oleg method" to try to find a thread that has more suggestions.

WelshPaul

Oh sip scanners lol

Never had that problem myself!  ;D

There are a few ways to resolve this, firstly give this a go...

Navigate to Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > SIP-> X_AccessList

And enter the IP address of VoipCheap. You can find it by viewing the registration status of the SPx line. (Think it's 77.72.169.131) Trouble with this is if the IP address changes your registration will fail and you will need to update or add the new IP address.

or you could enable Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_EnforceRequestUserID

Or see: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

JeremyW

Quote from: WelshPaul on January 30, 2015, 08:44:41 AM
Oh sip scanners lol

Never had that problem myself!  ;D

There are a few ways to resolve this, firstly give this a go...

Navigate to Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > SIP-> X_AccessList

And enter the IP address of VoipCheap. You can find it by viewing the registration status of the SPx line. (Think it's 77.72.169.131) Trouble with this is if the IP address changes your registration will fail and you will need to update or add the new IP address.

or you could enable Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_EnforceRequestUserID

Or see: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0

Hmmm... no such setting 'X_EnforceRequestUserID' - at least, I can't find it. I've already found that thread on the subject and found it very confusing!

WelshPaul

I think the best thing for you to do is change inbound call route...

Go to Voice Services > SP1 Service and change the X_InboundCallRoute paramater from {ph} to {>1234:ph}

Change 1234 to your voipcheap userid as you entered in the AuthUserName paramater further down the page.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com