News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PLEASE HELP WITH SETTING UP VOICEMAIL FOR OBI200/GOOGLE VOICE

Started by freedave, January 29, 2015, 10:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freedave

I am spending hours of confusion trying to figure out how to set up my voicemail for Google Voice / Obi200.

I have set up RingTo for forwarding incoming calls to my Google Voice number which is set up in my ObiTalk dashboard.

Can I use an MP3 for my voicemail greeting?

Can I control the number of rings before the message comes on?

Please help...

Dave

Rick

Hours of confusion?  The voicemail setup is on the GV site. 

No, you cannot use an MP3.  GV requires you to use a default greeting or record one via the microphone.    Read this: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/o_kZTllYk1o

No, you cannot control the number of rings.  25 seconds approximately, posted all over this forum and elsewhere.

azrobert

Quote from: freedave on January 29, 2015, 10:16:48 AM

Can I use an MP3 for my voicemail greeting?

When you record a new greeting, GV will call you on one of your forwarding numbers. You pick which number. Now just hold your handset up to your computer speaker and play the MP3 file. Hit # when finished.

freedave

Thank you very much, Rick and azrobert,

Could I use the RingTo voicemail so that when the RingTo number was called, it would would ring my Google Voice number (Obihai device) and, if no answer after 15 seconds, go to the RingTo voicemail greeting?

Dave

azrobert

Quote from: freedave on January 30, 2015, 10:42:10 AM
Could I use the RingTo voicemail so that when the RingTo number was called, it would would ring my Google Voice number (Obihai device) and, if no answer after 15 seconds, go to the RingTo voicemail greeting?

Yes. Both VMs will be active, but Ring.to will pick up first.