News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't get distinctive ring on Obihai 202

Started by WapsiValley, February 02, 2015, 07:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WapsiValley

On my 100 (a different location with one phone account) I could make it do two short rings. 

On my 202 I've tried everything and can't get that second line to ring with a different profile.  Unit has two active VOIP numbers from CallCentric.  Want one of the lines to "double ring" so we can tell which line is ringing.

What is the secret to accomplishing this on the 202?  Seemingly, I'm not the only one that has encountered this problem. 

drgeoff

Everything?

Voice Services/SP2 Service/X_RingProfile.  Change to 'B'.

WapsiValley

Did that on the 100 and it worked.  Did what you suggested above on the 202 and it didn't work.  I have something screwed up elsewhere I guess, and I'll never figure that one out.

Only solution I know is to put the 202 on Ebay and order a couple of 100's.

SteveInWA

Sometimes, I don't know why I bother replying to posts like this...  Sell your perfectly good 202 and get a pair of less-capable 100s?  That's just dumb.

Distinctive ring absolutely, positively does work.  My 202 is set up exactly that way, for SP2.

See the attached screenshot.

WapsiValley

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words and I thank you for the time and trouble it took to post that.  I have B's in those three places, but top line was gray (default) and "inbound call route" was grayed (in default) too.

SP 1 ring profile was gray with no letter (which I assumed would be "A") but I changed it to show an A in there.  It's my brother's phone in another state and I VNC'd the changes in late tonight.  I'll hear from him tomorrow if he's getting ring profile B on line 2. 

I sent him two 100's ready to go but one wouldn't take incoming calls, so he put the 202 back online.  Funny, it took calls during my test here before I mailed it out.  But that is another problem for another time and thread.