News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 200 with DD-WRT poor outgoing audio

Started by 3sk1m0.0ne, February 04, 2015, 02:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3sk1m0.0ne

Hi there,

I have just started using an Obi 200 with google voice this week so I am rather new to this.  I am running a obi 200 with a Linksys WRT400N running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std - build 21061.  I am having an issue with poor out going call quality sometimes my voice is cut in and out of the call.  I am having great incoming audio quality from the caller but unfortunately my voice cuts in and out and is hard to hear.

Does anyone have any suggestions or fixes for this?  I have tried to exempt my obi mac address on qos but haven't had much luck with that. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

ceg3

It's recommended to disable SIP ALG in all routers.  I have no idea if it might affect your issue but I understand disabling is generally a good idea.  Sound quality can also be affected by CODEC choice.  I am using G711U with my 200.

MikeHObi

DD-WRT doesn't have SIP ALG to disable.

I use my obi202 through my linksys WRT610N V2.  I didn't have to do anything special for it.  I'm running a very old build 14471M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko.

Are you sure you have sufficient bandwith for uploading?  Maybe try a different port on your router?
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

WelshGap

I am having the same problem with the Obi 200 using Google Voice.  They say it is happening more when I talk loud.  I have not yet found a fix.  I have made the changes to the the OBI configuration per the "My audio is breaking-up and choppy" settings recommended in FAQ.  If you have not done that it might help you.

Sheffield_Steve

Have you looked into the MTU setting on the Obi200?

Depending on your network speed and type, it maybe that your MTU is too large and thus packets are being discarded.

Crow550

Look here: http://www.obihai.com/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/My-audio-is-breaking-choppy

Quote from: WelshGap on March 07, 2015, 09:17:46 AM
I am having the same problem with the Obi 200 using Google Voice.  They say it is happening more when I talk loud.  I have not yet found a fix.  I have made the changes to the the OBI configuration per the "My audio is breaking-up and choppy" settings recommended in FAQ.  If you have not done that it might help you.

If it happens when you talk loud then turn down the Rx & Tx Gain.