News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Switzerland configuration

Started by AwfulCharlie, February 09, 2015, 01:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AwfulCharlie

Can anyone give me help please for a Obi110 setup in Switzerland? FWIW, I'm using Cablecom, and the main problem I'm having is access to the Cablecom services, eg dial "3" for access to voicemail.

tia

Ben

ianobi

Hi Ben - welcome to the forum.

This may well be the first question we have had here from Switzerland. Is your Cablecom telecom service a SIP service, maybe set up on sp1 in your OBi110, or is it a physical line set up on the Line Port of your OBi110?

To dial "3" the relevant digitmap has to accept "3" as a valid number. For instance, if your present digitmap is:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Then we could simply add another rule like so:

(3S3|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

"S3" adds a three second delay in case you wish to dial other longer numbers beginning with "3".
Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap is the default digitmap for sp1.

The default digitmaps are set up for North American standards, but many of us live in other parts of the world and are used to changing the basic config to suit our needs. You should consider changing other parts of your config to suit your emergency numbers etc. Also, exact matching of the number formats used in your country will result in much faster call connection times.

If you would like me to help produce a basic config, then let me know what number formats etc you are likely to dial and which services you wish to use for which numbers - all via sp1, or a mix between sp1 and the PSTN service on the Line Port?

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot. Then move on to another page if required.

AwfulCharlie

Thanks Ian

Cablecom does have a SIP service, but they don't expose the interface to customers - hence the Obi! It's connected to the line port. Another reason is that all landline calls in Europe/US and Australia are free, so I'd like to route most stuff (calls from the PC, handy etc) over that. However, Swisscom (for my handy) are absolute rotters on pricing for outside the country (particularly data roaming, but that's another problem....), so want to take away as much as possible from there. I have a GV (non US) account for use when Cablecom is not brilliant (mainly foreign mobiles). If I can get the digit maps 'safe' enough, then I can let my French and English friends on

I didn't have any luck with getting a good call quality with X-Lite, but have got 3X and Obitalk to work well (including callto: sip: dial: and tel: on web pages)

For inbound on the POTs I've managed to get a black hole for spam, and fork incoming calls to my desktop, mobile and phone, and can get outbound to all go via the POTs by default, but could do with being a bit more clever for calls to mobiles. You offer to help on the digit mapping is most appreciated, and is what is causing me the headaches at the moment (I'm new to this VOIP stuff, I guess that's pretty obvious). Apart from the SP setup that came in from the Obitalk control panel, the user digit map (for spam) and the 'LinePortInboundRoute' I think it is all still defaults.

CH National calls are 0xx xxx xxxx, local calls will be xxx xxxx
CH Mobiles are 07x xxx xxxx
CH Emergency tend to be 1xx, 9xx or 1xxx (think that covers them all!)
FR Mobiles +33 6xx xx xx xx or +33 7xx xx xx xx  (more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_France)
DE Mobiles +49 15n, +49 16n or +49 17n (n seems to be variable length - better description at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Germany)
UK Mobiles +44 7xxx xxx xxx (you probably know this better than most)

I'm guessing the SPn DigitMap change will apply to connections from my desktop/handy, and that if I wanted to do the same on the phone, then I'd also need to amend PhonePort DigitMap? Not going to be an immediate problem for me, but there are possible 'collisions' on instructions with Cablecom, where their commands are in the format *n* or *n# full list from here which might affect others who end up here

Thanks again

Ben

ianobi

Here's a first attempt to get the call routing working as you want. I'll be amazed if it all works first time   :)   Once we get this working we can have a look at all the short access codes. I think that there will be some conflicts with the OBi110's own "Star Codes", but we can disable them if you don't need them. Anyhow that's a problem for another day! You should be able to dial "3" for voicemail, although at the moment I have added a four second delay. This can probably be reduced once we prove it all works.

Check how calls are routing by looking at Status > Call History in your local OBi web page.

Emergency numbers are usually dealt with as a special case within the Phone Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute. You will see that I have replaced "911" with "112|1xxx?|9xx" in both those places.

Assumptions:
Local seven digit numbers cannot start with "1" or "0".
Calls from pc etc come in via the OBiTALK network.
GV is configured on sp1.

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|112|1xxx?|9xx|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|112|1xxx?|9xx):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
(<**1>(Msp1)|3S4|0xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxx|00xx.S2|xx.S4)

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute:
Existing

(<00:+>33[67]xxxxxxxx|+33[67]xxxxxxxx|<00:+>447xxxxxxxxx|+447xxxxxxxxx|<00:+>491[567]xx.S2|+491[567]xx.S2)

The above digitmap should allow you to dial French/English/German mobiles using the prefix "+" or "00". If you use "00" the digitmap will change it to "+" before sending to GV. Or is some other prefix required?

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
Anything required here? Default is "ph"

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > DigitMap:
(<ob>xxxxxxxxx|obxxxxxxxxx)

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute:
{(290123456)>(Msp1):sp1},{(290123456)>(Mli):li},{290123456:aa},{ph}

Where 290123456 is your OBi softphone number.

Good luck!

AwfulCharlie

Thanks Ian

I've put that lot in, and initial testing shows not all quite correct, but I'll update later after some more

Brgds

/B

ianobi

A few problems are not unexpected at this stage. I'm guessing to some extent on how you want things to work.

For things not working as expected, please detail exactly the digits dialled and where you wish them to go and where in fact they did go!

I'm happy to explain how it all works, when it does all work, although some people do seem to get overwhelmed with a sudden need to go to sleep half way through my explanations   :D