News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 FW Update?

Started by Mister_M, February 05, 2015, 11:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister_M

Noticed when I logged in there was a FW update available for my OBi200.  Last FW update release notes I see is from November 25, 2014.  Anybody have any ideas what the latest release will do?

Taoman

Anyone update yet? If so, can you post what the Software Version Build number is for this update?

bluechip

ModelName   OBi200
HardwareVersion   1.4

Before,
SoftwareVersion   3.0.1 (Build: 4477)

After the reboot,
SoftwareVersion   3.0.1 (Build: 4581)

After the firmware update GV still works for me.
:)

andq22

ModelName   OBi202

Before,
SoftwareVersion   3.0.1 (Build: 4477)

After the reboot,
SoftwareVersion   3.0.1 (Build: 4581)

Just finished update. Google voice working for me!

Taoman

corporate_gadfly

Quote from: Mister_M on February 05, 2015, 11:28:23 AM
Noticed when I logged in there was a FW update available for my OBi200.  Last FW update release notes I see is from November 25, 2014.  Anybody have any ideas what the latest release will do?
OBi202. Just updated to firmware 4581.

Here's the diff between 4471 and 4581 for the backup generated by the OBi.

Things that jump out are:
StartConfOnPeerRing
UseForFaxOnly
EndConfWhenHangUp
X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly
X_UserAgentPorts
X_VqPublishEnable
X_VqPublishUrl
X_VqPublishInterval
X_UserAgentContactFollowProxyServerTransport

ProfTech

The trouble with using the portal to configure / maintain an Obi is that the portal may not be regularly updated to add new settings. I'm pretty sure that there are already several settings in an Obi 200 that can only be accessed from the internal web page(s). If I "upgrade" to a new rev while using the portal, who knows what those various settings default to?  :'(

SteveInWA

Quote from: ProfTech on February 05, 2015, 05:37:37 PM
The trouble with using the portal to configure / maintain an Obi is that the portal may not be regularly updated to add new settings. I'm pretty sure that there are already several settings in an Obi 200 that can only be accessed from the internal web page(s). If I "upgrade" to a new rev while using the portal, who knows what those various settings default to?  :'(

Evidence, please.  Screenshots...

BigJim_McD

I upgraded our OBi202 and OBi200 to:   SoftwareVersion   3.0.1 (Build: 4581).

I made several test calls, both incoming and outgoing without any issues.

I have the following services configured

One DID on Vestalink that is used as our main home service for Incoming calls.
One Google Voice phone # used as the main home service for Outgoing calls.
One Google Voice phone # used as the main V-OFC service  for Outgoing calls.
One voip.ms DID # used as the main V-OFC service for Incoming calls.
One voip.ms DID # that Call Forwards all calls {Home & V-OFC}  to "NoMoRobo" for call screening.
   --Also--
Four voip.ms Extensions used mainly for my personal VoIP Lab. There is one extension used on each of four OBi's, {OBi202, OBi200, OBi110 and OBi100}.

At least so far, I have not found any changes to any of several "Custom" settings made using OBiTalk Expert Mode since updating the Firmware.
BigJimMcD

WelshPaul

OBi202 running 4477 here... No software update available when using ***6.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

MarkObihai

We've released firmware revision 4581 today for the OBi2xx and 3xx series adapters and firmware revision 2318 for the OBi1xxx series IP Phones.

Release notes have been updated

OBi2xx & OBi3xx Adapters:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8982.0

OBi1xxx IP Phones:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8983.0

If you're having problems getting the software update onto your 2xx or 3xx series adapter then follow the manual upgrade instructions contained in the release notes linked above.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

SteveInWA

Hey Mark -- great job on the new firmware and on the release notes!

Take a look at the notes for the IP phones:  it looks like you've got a formatting and/or editing error, resulting in one new feature split into two bullet points, and the result is confusing.  This is the raw text of the two bullets:

New "enhanced dialer" option to allow user to pick a partially matched number from a list when dialing. To use
Support returing to the "default line key tab" with the DefaultLineKeyTab user-preference parameter, default of which is "1". If all calls are idle on all pages, phone will return to the default line key tab when auto-returning-home-page is triggered.

zorlac

FWIW, on an obi200 if you've changed the X_DefaultRing setting on a SP slot using RingTo it will default back to 1.
The RingVoltage & OnHookTipRingVoltage settings I had changed were not reset back to the default values.

MarkObihai

Quote from: SteveInWA on February 06, 2015, 05:21:28 PM
Hey Mark -- great job on the new firmware and on the release notes!

Take a look at the notes for the IP phones:  it looks like you've got a formatting and/or editing error, resulting in one new feature split into two bullet points, and the result is confusing.  This is the raw text of the two bullets:

New "enhanced dialer" option to allow user to pick a partially matched number from a list when dialing. To use
Support returing to the "default line key tab" with the DefaultLineKeyTab user-preference parameter, default of which is "1". If all calls are idle on all pages, phone will return to the default line key tab when auto-returning-home-page is triggered.

Thanks for spotting this - I've fixed the editing error.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

Taoman

Didn't notice anything in the release notes but I'm seeing an MOS score now in the Call Status statistics. Has that always been there?

zorlac

Quote from: Taoman on February 07, 2015, 03:58:41 PM
I'm seeing an MOS score now in the Call Status statistics.
Not seeing that on my obi200.

WelshPaul

Quote from: zorlac on February 07, 2015, 07:52:24 PM
Quote from: Taoman on February 07, 2015, 03:58:41 PM
I'm seeing an MOS score now in the Call Status statistics.
Not seeing that on my obi200.

It's there just look in the call status when in a call.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

zorlac

Quote from: WelshPaul on February 08, 2015, 07:12:23 AM
It's there just look in the call status when in a call.
Ahhh yes, I do believe I remember seeing it on that screen at one point in the past, it's just not something I generally do when I'm on the phone.  ;)

Webslinger

Quote from: ProfTech on February 05, 2015, 05:37:37 PM
The trouble with using the portal to configure / maintain an Obi is that the portal may not be regularly updated to add new settings.

Quote from: SteveInWA on February 05, 2015, 06:38:14 PM
Evidence, please.

Find X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly in Obitalk

SteveInWA

That just looks like sloppy change control to me.  I assume they'll add it to the portal shortly, since it was just added to the firmware image.