News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot Delete Device on Web Portal

Started by TerryDB, February 06, 2015, 08:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerryDB

I've just changed my Google account password.  Then I found my Obi100 not working with Google Voice.  After reading the instruction to update my Google password, I log into my ObiTalk account.  A popup immediately asking if I wanted to add another device.  Yes or cancel.  This did not help me.  After i clicked the cancel button, the page has my existing device information.  I wanted to delete this device so that i can reset the configuration.  According to FAQ, there is suppose to be a delete button.  But there is no delete button.  And there is not a gateway to change the Google password.  I'm stuck.  Please advise.

SteveInWA

See the attached screenshots.

First, click the gear icon to get to the settings for your device, then click the button to delete the device.  Then, let the device go through its reboot (red and green lights blinky blinky).  You can do a paper-clip reset on the device for good measure.

Then, click "Add device", under the orange and white "OBi dashboard" column on the left side of the portal page, and your OBi back on the portal, using the **5 method.

spiral

I'm also having this issue. There is no delete button available in the Obitalk portal for me. I sold my Obi202 to someone and he can't set it up. I assume that is because it is still tied to my account. Is there a way to delete it or can I transfer my entire account to him?

thanks.

SteveInWA

You aren't even looking at the right page.  The screenshot you posted is for the "softphone", which is intended for the OBiON software phone apps.  Go to the Dashboard.

Find your OBi 202 device, click on it, and then delete it.

spiral

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 29, 2015, 07:27:43 PM
You aren't even looking at the right page.  The screenshot you posted is for the "softphone", which is intended for the OBiON software phone apps.  Go to the Dashboard.

Find your OBi 202 device, click on it, and then delete it.

Hi Steve. Thanks for the reply! Is this not the dashboard below (first image)? When I click on "Phone 1" or the gear icon, it takes me the the page like you see in my previous post. If I should be looking somewhere else, let me know. I've only ever used the Obi202, and that was 2 or 3 years ago.

This page:

Takes me to this page:

[edit] I see from your previous screenshots that the device is likely not even showing up in my account. But the new owner is not able to set it up either, so I assumed it was still associated to me—I never deleted it.

SteveInWA

Your dashboard page shows only the softphone.  There is no 202 listed on this account.  You probably are logged into the wrong OBiTALK account -- one other than the account that was used to originally add the device.  You'll need to figure out the user ID and password of the other OBiTALK account you created when you added the device.

The fact that the new owner of the 202 can't add it to their account does indicate that it's stuck on a previous account.  Nobody here on the forum can help you recover your user ID/password, and since it's out of warranty, it's unlikely that Obihai will help you, but if you cannot figure it out on your own, perhaps they'll give you a hint as to the email address originally used to set up the device.  Considering fraud protection, I wouldn't expect them to release the full login credentials or otherwise reset or delete it, since there's no way for you to prove that you are the original owner, and not somebody who stole the device.

spiral

Thanks for the info Steve. That's helpful.

This is definitely the only Obitalk account I've ever had. I even tried to log in with other addresses and it said "username invalid" vs. login incorrect if the address existed. Maybe the device was dormant too long or I missed some account transition / confirmation message but you're right: I see no device there now. Either way, thanks for taking the time to help, it give me the info I need to figure this out. Thanks!  :)

SteveInWA

You're welcome, but I am confident that you do, in fact, have a different OBiTALK account.  Perhaps you signed in using a Gmail account (Obihai can use Google's OAUTH authentication process to log in via a Google account).  The 202 will not be able to be configured again, using the OBiTALK portal, to use Google Voice or another provider, although it can be configured locally (via the device's local web server), to use a SIP ITSP (but not GV).

spiral

The device was indeed not in my account ... either through expiration or me removing it at some point. It turns out I got bad info from the buyer. The issue was actually the device having old firmware but it was communicated to me as"can't add device". The firmware instructions & info on these pages:
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10039.0
... solved the issue.

Thanks for helping me understand device vs. soft phone and also the info elsewhere that helped me remotely troubleshoot it.

SteveInWA

Well, it would have had to be seriously down-level to not be allowed to be added to the portal.  In any case, I'm glad you figured it out; thanks for letting us know!