News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice SP1 Stuck on "Configuring..."

Started by tpir72, February 07, 2015, 01:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpir72

Hi,
   I reset my OBI202's voice settings to the factory defaults and then started the setup for Google Voice on SP1. I used the wizard and the status never leaves "Configuring".
   What can I do to fix this?

After about 3-5 minutes it stops trying and drops back to Status - Service Not Configured.

I'm stuck in this endless loop.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Terry

Taoman

Are you logged into your Google/Google Voice account (in a different browser tab) when doing the configuration?

What firmware version is your 202 on?

tpir72

I have tried it both ways with GV account open in a second tab and then OBItalk open only in the browser.

I'm using the most current firmware available today.

tpir72

Here's the screen from configuring and the GV access confirmation screen...

tpir72

Sorry, I should have asked if there is a guide to setting GV manually in Expert Config?

Didn't there use to be a field for your GV/Google password entry too in OBI202?

lrosenman

Not any more with the latest firmware.  You NEED to use the ObiTalk portal to configure Google Voice.  They are now using OAuth2, which is MUCH more secure and GOOGLE APPROVED.

tpir72

So do I need to turn on Oauh2 in that gmail account for GV to work with Obi202?

lrosenman

No, just use the ObiTalk portal to configure the Google Voice SP.

SteveInWA

See my complete instructions here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

This assumes that you have already set up a full-function Google Voice account, meaning, you have a Google Voice telephone number, which forwards to a verified forwarding telephone number in the USA.

If you can't get it to work, then you have probably made some non-standard configuration of your device on your network.  You should be able to use a factory-fresh/reset, updated OBi, plug it in, add it to your OBiTALK portal account, log into the Google account that holds the GV phone number, in another browser tab, and it will simply work.

If it doesn't work, post your current location, and post a screenshot of this page, with all private information blocked out:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

tpir72

Ok, so originally all I did was factory reset defaults on the voice portion of the OBI202. Out of final frustration, I factory reset the whole unit using the pinhole under it and GV configuration worked!

Now my problem is getting Anveo E911 service status changed from Service Not Configured to it properly setup.

I used the built in wizard to setup Obi202's E911 on Anveo but I'm still getting the message "Service Not Configured"...

Thoughts???

Regards,

Terry

drewtwo99

I have an obi100, and I'm having the same exact problem. Tried deleting it from my account, doing the hard factory reset (I followed the instructions very closely, got the blinking lights exactly how it said I would). I have made absolutely sure I am on the most up to date firmware (when I attempt to do the manual firmware update, it tells me I already have the most up to date version).

And yet, whenever I try to add my GV account, it simply sits at "configuring" for about 5 minutes, spinning around, and then "Service Not Configured."

I am getting the pop up to prompt me for permission and everything. I am accepting, and confirming my google account. I have a working google voice number, and it is set to forward to google chat. I've used GV in the past with my Obi device, but switched over to Anveo when I thought GV wasn't going to be supported on Obi anymore.

But yeah, not even the reset button on the bottom of my device is helping me, and I've tried everything I can. It just will not configure properly. There must be something in my google account settings that's preventing it from communicating with Obi properly.

Can anyone help me?

SteveInWA

Quote from: drewtwo99 on February 08, 2015, 09:07:47 PM
I have an obi100, and I'm having the same exact problem. Tried deleting it from my account, doing the hard factory reset (I followed the instructions very closely, got the blinking lights exactly how it said I would). I have made absolutely sure I am on the most up to date firmware (when I attempt to do the manual firmware update, it tells me I already have the most up to date version).

And yet, whenever I try to add my GV account, it simply sits at "configuring" for about 5 minutes, spinning around, and then "Service Not Configured."

I am getting the pop up to prompt me for permission and everything. I am accepting, and confirming my google account. I have a working google voice number, and it is set to forward to google chat. I've used GV in the past with my Obi device, but switched over to Anveo when I thought GV wasn't going to be supported on Obi anymore.

But yeah, not even the reset button on the bottom of my device is helping me, and I've tried everything I can. It just will not configure properly. There must be something in my google account settings that's preventing it from communicating with Obi properly.

Can anyone help me?

It should "just work", if, indeed, you have a properly-configured Google/Gmail account with Google Voice working.  Is this a Gmail account, or are you attempting to use Google Voice with a non-Gmail account?  Are you currently located within the USA?

Please log into your Google Voice account from a laptop or desktop computer, not from a mobile phone or tablet, and then take a screenshot of this page:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Block out all but the last 4 digits of any phone numbers (for privacy), and then attach the screenshot here in your forum reply.

drewtwo99

I logged into my ObiTALK portal today, and Google Voice was "just working" on Obi.

I did absolutely nothing to my google or obi accounts or devices between last night and today.

For anyone else experiencing this problem perhaps just try giving it a day, and it may begin working as usual.

I have properly reconfigured my Google Voice settings now and I will keep Anveo around for E911 if nothing else.

tpir72

So for what it is worth, I left my Obi202 alone for a day and now Aveno E911 says "Connected". I changed nothing, just left it alone for a day.

Regards,

Terry

karrde

i dont even get the spinning gear timeout when i try to add gvoice

i click one of the links to configure it and it just tosses me back to the service providers page

SteveInWA

Quote from: karrde on May 20, 2016, 04:02:20 PM

i click one of the links to configure it and it just tosses me back to the service providers page

Did you make ANY attempt to read through recent forum posts before asking?

Follow the instructions:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11252.msg73904#msg73904

karrde

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 20, 2016, 05:06:13 PM

Follow the instructions:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11252.msg73904#msg73904

Firmware Update Successful

Previous version identical to the update. Firmware not modified.

But hey Im glad you just assumed and tried to act like a smartass.  Got anymore copy/paste advice Ive seen a dozen times already that havent done anything?

SteveInWA

Quote from: karrde on May 20, 2016, 05:09:45 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on May 20, 2016, 05:06:13 PM

Firmware Update Successful

But hey Im glad you just assumed and tried to act like a smartass.  Got anymore copy/paste advice Ive seen a dozen times already that havent done anything?

You posted the same BS answer in another discussion.  The well-documented problem was with the 100/110 firmware, and the new, build 2886 firmware fixes it.  If you can't follow the instructions to update to 2886, then we can't help you.

karrde

How much clearer do I have to make this for you?

Following those same instructions you love to parrot around these forums results in this-Firmware Update Successful

Return

So yea if thats all you got. No you cant help me.

Taoman

Quote from: karrde on May 20, 2016, 05:31:18 PM

When you go to the system status page on your device what does the SoftwareVersion say?

1.3.0 (Build: ????)