News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Possible to redirect outgoing 911 calls?

Started by gaven, February 09, 2015, 02:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaven

I saw a post on a dementia/alzheimer's site where a person mentioned that a device made by Obihai Technologies can be used to reroute 911 calls to another number.  In this case, this person's loved one was in a memory care facility and they were calling 911 when there wasn't an emergency.  Their family member purchased something from Obihai that re-routed those calls to the nurse's station at the facility instead.  This is the exact situation I'm being confronted with for my mother who is also in a memory care facility.  I've looked on this site for this but I haven't found it.  Can anyone help me?

thank you,
ga

drgeoff

Yes, modifying a dialled number, even translating it to a completely different one with more or less digits is trivial for any of the OBis.  Details (and a lot more) are in http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi-DigitMapCallRoute-Tutorial-v1-1.pdf.  However if the call is to go out on an analogue line you need an OBi110 or an OBi with a USB port into which is plugged the separately purchased OBiLINE device.

gaven

Thank you drgeoff.  I did look at the tutorial but I'm still unsure what I need.  My mom currently has a panasonic cordless phone/answering machine combo in her apartment.  Will she still be able to use this phone or do I need an OBi phone?

thank you.

drgeoff

My understanding is that you just want a device to insert between the wall jack and the Panasonic base.  That is what the OBi110 can do. You will need to configure the 110 via its ethernet connection but once done the ethernet is not required for your 911 mangling.

You don't need to configure in situ.  You can do that wherever convenient.