News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help with outbound routing - GV + voip.ms

Started by nufan, February 10, 2015, 09:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nufan

Hi there, I am sorry to make another outbound routing thread but have taken a week or so to try set this up and can't get it right. If anyone has any input as to what changes I need to make it would be HUGELY appreciated! Everything is set up with the obitalk portal.

Current setup is:

SP1: voip.ms (set as 911 line)
SP2: Google Voice (set as primary outgoing line in obitalk portal)

My hope is to have all North American calls use Google Voice (since it's free). I would like International calls to use voip.ms (slightly better rate for my destinations and I have money in that account anyway for the DID). Most incoming calls will be coming in on my voip.ms local number (since I'm in Canada, not an option for GV).

My current setup accomplishes having all the outgoing calls being GV, however in order for International I have had to add **1 in the phones address book, I would like this to be more seamless for international calls made that are not in the phones address book already. The current setup also does not allow me to check my voip.ms voicemail (since dialing **97 by default uses the GV line obviously).

Lastly I'm nervous that 911 is not setup to work since GV is the default outgoing. As above I do have 911 checked for the voip.ms setup however when I dial their test number (1-555-555-0911) it fails.

Any tips or digitmap pastes would be a huge help!

Thanks again!!

azrobert

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port
DigitMap: Add *97| anywhere
OutboundCallRoute: Add following to the beginning (left)
{(011xx.|*97|15555550911):sp1},

nufan

Thanks a lot, works great! Can I assume 911 works fine or should I add that in somehow as well? The 15555550911 now passes though.

azrobert

You should already have another rule in the outbound route for 911 like this: {911:sp1}

If you want to consolidate the rules use:
{(011xx.|*97|15555550911|911):sp1}

Then delete the current 911 rule.

nufan

Thanks again, there was no reference to 911 so I added it as per your latest example - I think I'm set, excellent!

nufan

Sorry to drag out the thread, it seems I can't receive calls now, calling either my voip.ms or GV Goes straight to their respective voicemails. Not sure if it was when I changed SP2 to be main outgoing or the above changes I made. Any advice?

Also, not getting notification on the phone of the voicemail which i did in the past (on phones display as well as the tone)

EDIT: sorry ignore me, was a different setup issue, cheers