News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Master/Slave setup

Started by ctzw, February 15, 2015, 03:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctzw

My first post  ;D I have an Obi100 in US which has been configured to use Google Voice (GV). I have an Obi200 in China which uses GV as well. However, Google services are blocked in China. So I am thinking of using Master/Slave configuration between these two Obi devices, so that I can use GV in China. I am looking at this post: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5076.0

As I am totally new to this, I have a couple of questions based on the info provided above:
1) is the Obi100 (in US) configured as Slave, while the Obi200 (in China) configured as Master?
2) Should SP1 service configured on the Master side or Slave side?
3) Does the post cover all I need to make this work, because the post says "This is the simple version – it can get a lot more complex if the slave OBi has its own service providers."

Your help is appreciated!

azrobert

The OBi100 in the US should be the Master.
The OBi200 in China will be the slave.
GV should be defined on the OBi100 SP1.
Since GV is not operational on the OBi200, it can be deleted.
If you want to make and receive GV calls in China, this is all that you need.

I would make 1 small change to the suggested example, but both should work.

Slave OBi 200654321:

Do not setup a speed dial.

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > DigitMap:
(***S0|**0S0|0S4|x[1-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|**[1-8]x[1-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|**9(Mpp)|@@.)

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > OutboundCallRoute
{***:aa2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(<200123456*>(@@.)):pp}

{(<200123456*>(@@.)):pp}

The above will prefix the dialed number with the destination OBi number plus and asterisk before sending it to the OBiTalk network.
The example in the link prefixed the dialed number with a speed dial number defined with the OBi number.

Both methods work. 

Shiguang

I setup a Master Obi in the US and a Slave Obi in China as you described, and tried to made a call to the Master Obi which is designed to be forwarded to the Slave Obi. However, after 5 rings, the call was forwarded to Google Voice voice box. How can I disable this function? 

azrobert

You want to dial a number in China and have the US GV on SP1 make the outbound call.
Is this correct?

Are you saying when you dial a number in China you hear the GV voicemail prompt?
What number are you calling?
Is it the US Google Voice number?

If you want to call the US phone connected to the OBi100 you need to dial 0 (zero) in China.

Shiguang

I called from the US to the Master device (SP1 GV) in the US, and wanted to be received by the Slave device (without GV) in China, but failed. I heart the GV voicemail prompt. 

BigJim_McD

Quote from: Shiguang on February 23, 2015, 10:10:47 AM
I setup a Master Obi in the US and a Slave Obi in China as you described, and tried to made a call to the Master Obi which is designed to be forwarded to the Slave Obi. However, after 5 rings, the call was forwarded to Google Voice voice box. How can I disable this function? 

Shiguang,

Google Voice - Voice mail picks up after ringing for 25 seconds.  I have to answer incoming calls before the 5th. ring to prevent calls being picked up by the Google Voice - Voice Mail on my Google Voice numbers. 

I haven't found anyway to change or increase the ringing time on Google Voice before the Voice Mail systems answers the call.
BigJimMcD

azrobert

If you want to call the slave in China from the Master in the US, setup a speed dial on the Master like this:
pp(200654321)
or

Change 200654321 to the OBi number of the Slave.

Just dial the speed dial number from the phone connected to the Master.

You probably already have a speed dial setup like the above.

Shiguang

I want to use any land or cell phones in the US to call the Slave Obi in China through the Master Obi in the US.

azrobert

QuoteI called from the US to the Master device (SP1 GV) in the US, and wanted to be received by the Slave device (without GV) in China, but failed. I heart the GV voicemail prompt.

When you call the GV number does the phone attached to the local OBi ring or are you always sent to voicemail? If you go to voicemail, I suggest opening another topic and maybe someone else can help you.

QuoteI want to use any land or cell phones in the US to call the Slave Obi in China through the Master Obi in the US.
There is 2 ways to accomplish this. You can be routed unconditionally based on callerid or you can be directed to the Auto Attendant. From the AA you can ring the local OBi phone or be directed to China.

Assuming GV is on SP1.

Unconditional
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{(12223334444|12223335555|12223336666):pp(200654321)},{ph}

12223334444, 12223335555 and 12223336666 are the callerids you want sent to China.
Change 200654321 to the OBi number of the Slave.

Conditional
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{(12223334444|12223335555|12223336666):aa},{ph}

After the AA prompt, enter "2" then the speed dial number setup in Reply#6 above. The caller will be routed to China.
After the AA prompt, enter "1" to ring the local OBi phone.

Shiguang

QuoteWhen you call the GV number does the phone attached to the local OBi ring or are you always sent to voicemail? If you go to voicemail, I suggest opening another topic and maybe someone else can help you.

Yes, when I call the GV number of the master Obi in the US, after 5 rings, the calls are always sent to voicemail, not to the Slave Obi in China.

azrobert

I believe this is a GoogleVoice setup problem and not a routing issue.
Here is a complete list for GV setup:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

ctzw

Quote from: azrobert on February 15, 2015, 04:08:55 PM
Do not setup a speed dial.

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > DigitMap:
(***S0|**0S0|0S4|x[1-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|**[1-8]x[1-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|**9(Mpp)|@@.)

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > OutboundCallRoute
{***:aa2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(<200123456*>(@@.)):pp}
{(<200123456*>(@@.)):pp}

Thank you, azrobert. I was able to find the correct place in my OBI200 for these setup. However, when I clicked 'Submit' for the changes, and rebooted the device as suggested, the changes went away: all default values were shown... I tried many times, no help (see the enclosed pics). Plus, the speed dial I set up went away as well. Do you know why? Thanks again.

azrobert

If you use the local interface to configure your OBi you must disable OBiTalk auto provisioning, otherwise OBiTalk will overlay any changes you make.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled