News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 supposed to have multiple AAs?

Started by Webslinger, February 19, 2015, 07:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webslinger

http://www.obihai.com/uidemos/obi202/i

If you visit that emulator and go to voice services->auto attendant, you'll see
User20Description, Auto Attendant 3, and Auto Attendant 4.

My OBi202 doesn't have those options. Is the OBi202 emulator emulating a different product?

202Owner

The OBi202 has two AAs; AA1 is for call processing; AA2 is for device admin.

That emulator includes OBiPLUS small business solution; I would assume it enables additional AAs.

Webslinger

Quote from: 202Owner on February 19, 2015, 08:12:49 AM

Thank you. What I'm seeing is more accurately reflected by the 200 emulator:
http://www.obihai.com/uidemos/obi200/i

QuoteThat emulator includes OBiPLUS small business solution; I would assume it enables additional AAs.

That seems useful for being able route certain calls to different AAs. I guess I'll have to learn how to enable those additional AAs.

202Owner

Quote from: Webslinger on February 19, 2015, 08:25:08 AM
Quote from: 202Owner on February 19, 2015, 08:12:49 AM

Thank you. What I'm seeing is more accurately reflected by the 200 emulator:
http://www.obihai.com/uidemos/obi200/i

QuoteThat emulator includes OBiPLUS small business solution; I would assume it enables additional AAs.

That seems useful for being able route certain calls to different AAs. I guess I'll have to learn how to enable those additional AAs.

Your OBi202 has only one AA for call processing configuration.

Webslinger

Quote from: 202Owner on February 19, 2015, 09:49:09 AM

Your OBi202 has only one AA for call processing configuration.

Even with ObiPlus Basic?

202Owner

The OBi200 Series has 2 auto attendants; 1 is dedicated to device admin; the other is for user call processing.

The emulator you reference suggests adding the OBiPlus adds 2 more auto attendants.  I'm not sure how they can be used, but I would not be surprised if they are intended for OBiPlus usage, whatever that might be.

But to your original question, "OBi202 supposed to have multiple AAs?", your OBi202 has only 1 auto attendant that you can use for call processing.

Webslinger

Quote from: 202Owner on March 02, 2015, 09:19:06 AM
The OBi200 Series has 2 auto attendants; 1 is dedicated to device admin; the other is for user call processing.

Yes, aa2 and aa.

QuoteThe emulator you reference suggests adding the OBiPlus adds 2 more auto attendants.  I'm not sure how they can be used, but I would not be surprised if they are intended for OBiPlus usage, whatever that might be.

From what I see, they were intended for day/night business cycles. However, I can think of some other uses that I might want for other reasons. Thanks

drgeoff

There are two documents about OBiPlus available on the docs and downloads page.