News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Lost all Voip today. Discovered how to recover.

Started by Agent88, February 23, 2015, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent88

Interestingly, both my Voip SIP vendor accounts quit on me today.  Co-incidentally, I was re-cradling my portable phone used on my 110 when suddenly the LED went from green to red.  Oh, well I thought... I'll just unplug the unit and power it back up.  Didn't work.

Went to my PC to pull up the LAN page it was on and could not get a connection.  Noticed that my Cisco phone, which is on another vendor's account was not green and the date and time was off.  Tried to pull up its LAN web page to reset the time and found it would not load either. ObiTalk reported my SP1 config not registered on both devices.

Ah!  must be the modem I says to myself... loaded my gateway web page and saw no indication of issues, but re-booted it just the same.  ---- Problem resolved.  (Had to re-register SIP accounts.)

Anyone else have this issue?  Anyone know why this would occur?

202Owner

It sounds like your modem/router/LAN malfunctioned.  Perhaps a power disturbance or dying equipment.  These sort of things can repeat and get worse.  You could put you LAN on a UPS.  And check your modem/router logs for unhealthy event clues.