News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial plan help for Korea

Started by Elviso, May 30, 2011, 09:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elviso

Hi All,

Still trying to get a handle on everything.  I have a 110 that I brought to Korea for use with a Korean telco (KT) via PSTN and asterisk box back in the US for ITSPA.  I am working on a dial plan that will work so that KT will be the primary line and ITSPA to dial my US extensions and US numbers.  I would appreciate some thoughts as I have not created many dial plans and routes.

Korean numbers have 0 to designate start of area codes, much like US 1 and are 10 digits in total, except for seoul which is 9.  Also mobile numbers are 11 digits in total.  Their emergency and information is 119 and 114 respectively.  The international access code is 001.  All Korean numbers should be routed via the phone port.  I would also like to route all asterisk extensions via ITSPA as well as the usual calls to US numbers.

Here's the Korean digit map so far...
(11[3469]|0|00|<:051>[2-9]xxxxxxS0|0[3-6][1-5][2-9]xxxxxS0|02[2-9]xxxxxxxS0|01xxxxxxxxxS2|001xx.|*xx.)

The Phone Port Outbound route is so far....
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|119|114):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(1xxx):sp1},{(Mpli):pli}

1xxx:sp1 should route all extensions starting with 1 to ITSPA
(<#:>|119|114):li should route all emergency and information to the phone port
Considering Korea has 011 as a mobile area code, I figured that if I had to dial internationally from SP1 I can evoke **1 then 011 manually.

What I am looking for is am I on the right track, first of all, and would it be better to define a custom digit map with the Korean plan or should I amend the phone port digit map.  Also if I do make a custom map how do I evoke this into the outbound route or digit map of the phone port.

Sorry this is so long.

Thanks in advance.

Elvis

RonR

Elviso,

I think you're making this WAY more complicated than it needs to be.

Starting with everything at Default, the following changes should accomplish what you asked for:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|119|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|119):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap :

(0xx.|114|<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx|<**11>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**1>1xxx)

119 and 114 will go out the LINE Port.
Any number starting with 0 will go out the LINE Port.
10- or 11-digit US/Canada numbers will go out SP1.
4-digit extensions starting with 1 will go out SP1.

Elviso

Dear RonR,

Thanks for the reply.  I will take your feedback and build a best plan for my needs.

Elviso