News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi won't work since Verizon changed from PPPOE to DHCP

Started by mrhappypants, February 26, 2015, 08:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhappypants

2 weeks ago they switched us from PPPOE to DHCP without any warning causing us to lose internet until I could change the router config. Ever since then my OBi110 won't work correctly and I've changed phones, ethernet cables, phone cables, and eve tried a brand new OBi200 to see if it was the OBi, but nothing.

Just to clarify what happens, when I try to use my phone I get a dial tone, but I can't dial or talk. It receives calls, but the other person can't hear us at all. If we try to dial anything (including * commands) nothing happens and the line goes dead about 45 seconds. I've even setup DMZ and disabled the firewall on my router AND even connected the OBi directly to the FiOS ONT. It appears to be completely working, but the phones will not dial or let us talk at all.

OBi keeps telling us to replace the OBi device, but I just don't think I could have a problem with 2 OBis that started right when verizon changed stuff on our internet.

sailing

Your Obi is registered and you can receive calls so the internet connection is working. So the issue is probably within the Obi. Try reseting and reconfiguring the Obi. If that doesn't work, you will have to try a new Obi.

zorlac

"DHCP" is the industry standard for automagically assigning IP addresses from the router to attached devices.
I were you I'd delete the device(s) from the obi web portal, do a ***8 factory reset on the obi, & reconfigure my services from scratch.

mrhappypants

Can't do a ***8 reset cause neither OBi registers any button presses.

Resetting the OBi110 will most likely do nothing considering a BRAND NEW OBi200 has the exact same problem.

azrobert

Change the following:

System Management -> Wan Settings -> Addressing Type: DHCP

Mango

zorlac

Quote from: mrhappypants on March 02, 2015, 03:01:37 PM
Can't do a ***8 reset cause neither OBi registers any button presses.
That sounds like a bad phone or RJ11 cable to me.

mrhappypants

We thought it might be the phone, but didn't really have a good way to test it. We tried 3 other phones and all of them had the same issue, but they were all really old.

We finally got a new set of phones and it's working fine. Odd that the problem occured at the same time that Verizon FiOS made some changes to our service.