News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

no incoming calls on Obi device

Started by nmstough, March 01, 2015, 10:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmstough

I have two Obi devices set up to work with Google Voice (at two different locations).  Everything works fine on my Obi200 device for both incoming and outgoing calls.  But I am not getting incoming calls on my Obi110 device.  Only outgoing works.  Both devices are showing up with the green circle and indicate "connected" on the Obitalk portal. Any ideas whats wrong? 

N7AS

Are both OBi devices configured with the same GV number? If so, in order to be able to receive calls on both, both OBis have to be 2xx series (OBi200 or OBi202). It will not work if one is an OBi100 or OBi110.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

nmstough

Yes, its the same number.   What do I have to do to get it to work on the Obi 110 device?  Remove the Obi 200 from my account?  And then add it back and remove it and add it every time I go from place to place?  That would be a real pain.

Ryan_Tilton

Is forward calls to gchat enabled in your Google Voice configuration?

azrobert

Send the inbound GV call on the OBi200 to the Phone Port and the OBi110.

OBi200
Assuming GV is defined on SP1.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,pp(200123456)

Change 200123456 to the OBi Number of the OBi110.
The call will be sent to the OBi110 over the OBiTalk network.

nmstough

Quote from: Ryan_Tilton on March 02, 2015, 07:58:14 AM
Is forward calls to gchat enabled in your Google Voice configuration?

Yes its enabled in Google Voice settings

nmstough

Quote from: azrobert on March 02, 2015, 09:41:04 AM

OBi200

ph,pp(200123456)

Seems like a great solution.  I actually have two Google Voice numbers and so I set both SP1 and SP2 (the second number) to this.  But then a question, will my distinctive ring profile on the OBI110 for the SP2 number work, or when they come in, will it be indistinguishable? 

nmstough

Quote from: nmstough on March 02, 2015, 10:17:18 AM

OBi200

ph,pp(200123456)

Seems like a great solution.  I actually have two Google Voice numbers and so I set both SP1 and SP2 (the second number) to this.  But then a question, will my distinctive ring profile on the OBI110 for the SP2 number work, or when they come in, will it be indistinguishable? 

Update.  Doesn't work.  Now callers get the message that the google voice number isn't in service. Maybe I did this incorrectly but the dashboard interface of Obitalk is completely confusing.  There are two checkboxes for "device default" and "obitalk settings".  I have to uncheck them both to be able to put anything in the form field.  But then there is a red exclamation point to the right of the input box.  I have no idea what that means.  Trying to configure SP2 similarly gives many more red exclamation marks. 

nmstough

Quote from: nmstough on March 02, 2015, 12:02:40 PM
Quote from: nmstough on March 02, 2015, 10:17:18 AM

OBi200

ph,pp(200123456)

Update.  Doesn't work.  Now callers get the message that the google voice number isn't in service. Maybe I did this incorrectly but the dashboard interface of Obitalk is completely confusing.  There are two checkboxes for "device default" and "obitalk settings".  I have to uncheck them both to be able to put anything in the form field.  But then there is a red exclamation point to the right of the input box.  I have no idea what that means.  Trying to configure SP2 similarly gives many more red exclamation marks. 

Actually a correction.  The calls seem to be going to the auto attendant!  This is totally weird.  Is there some technical support for this product?  I am totally helpless. 

azrobert

You probably put the OBi200 into the Circle of Trust or maybe it was done automatically.
To fix the problem:

OBi110
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph

If you want to call the OBi200 from the OBi110 using the OBiTalk network, you should do the same on the OBi200.

nmstough

OK that worked.  There was a whole mess of stuff in that field.  The two Obi numbers etc.  Thanks.