News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV inbound calls not ringing obi 202

Started by rmnelson, March 04, 2015, 07:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmnelson

My 202 is setup with Callcentric SP1 for 911, my GV # on SP2 designated as primary outgoing. Both SP1 and SP2 are set to ring the obi. GV is configured with google chat selected and CC as a forward phone. Incoming calls ring the 202 without problem until I deselect CC forwarding phone. I tried removing and reinstalling my GV account from obitalk, and it still works the same way. I currently use Hangouts Dialer on my cell, and it works for incoming calls regardless of settings in GV. I reset to old chat in gmail and made a call which brought back chat as a forwarding phone in GV. I've pretty much hit my knowledge limit here and would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks!

Richard

BigJim_McD

Quote from: rmnelson on March 04, 2015, 07:29:21 AM
My 202 is setup with Callcentric SP1 for 911, my GV # on SP2 designated as primary outgoing. Both SP1 and SP2 are set to ring the obi. GV is configured with google chat selected and CC as a forward phone. Incoming calls ring the 202 without problem until I deselect CC forwarding phone. I tried removing and reinstalling my GV account from obitalk, and it still works the same way.
..... .... ...

Richard,

A number of times, after making changes to my Google Voice "Default Forwarding", I have found that some of my Groups where still Forwarded to the previous forwarding phone number.

To check "Group - Forwarding" Phone numbers,  after signing into your Google account,

Goto your Google Voice (Call) History.
**  {Usually it's the link below -but- if you are signed into more}
       {than one Google account, it maybe 1#groups  -or- 2#groups.}

https://www.google.com/voice/b/0#history

Open Google Voice  >  Settings

https://www.google.com/voice/b/0#phones

Click on:  "Groups & Circles"  Tab:

https://www.google.com/voice/b/0#groups

Verify that all of your "Groups" - "Forwards To" >  "Google Talk".

If any Groups are NOT forwarded to Google Talk, "EDIT" the Group.

A number of times, after making changes to my Google Voice "Default Forwarding", I have found that some of my Groups where still Forwarded to the previous forwarding phone number.
BigJimMcD

rmnelson

QuoteA number of times, after making changes to my Google Voice "Default Forwarding", I have found that some of my Groups where still Forwarded to the previous forwarding phone number.

Sure enough, some of my groups included the Callcentric forwarding phone even after I disabled it in the "Phones" menu. So I removed Callcentric from each of the groups and circles entries. The problem remains that if Callcentric isn't used as a forwarding phone my obi doesn't ring the connected phones when a call is made to my GV #. So in the "Phones" menu of GV "Google Chat" is the only forwarding phone enabled and incoming calls ring my android phone Hangouts Dialer app, but do not ring the Obi 202 phone. If I enable Callcentric and Google Talk both the android phone and the Obi 202 phone ring.

BigJim_McD

Richard,

I remember a few times when I had to Select the phones that a Group would ring, save the changes, then Edit again, selecting "Ring All Contacts phones", Save again, then verify that only the phones selected were displayed under:  "Forwards To".

It was as if something wasn't updating the first time I made the changes.

If that doesn't work, you might want to revisit the following to insure that Google Chat was correctly activated and that you are able to make at least one Google Voice via Google Chat from Google Chrome gmail.

noobie  -     « Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 09:15:14 pm »
Re: Has anyone manage to setup a new Google Voice account?

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8420.msg0;topicseen#new
BigJimMcD

rmnelson

OK; I think I've figured this out. I went into Expert configuration and found that in SP1 the parameter "X_InboundCallRoute" was set to my Callcentric account number. I reset this to "{ph1}" and immediately things began working correctly. Calls to my GV # now ring my Obi 202 phone. I do not remember fooling around in the Expert Configuration in the past year, but then again I don't remember what I had for lunch either. One thing I do remember is that I trashed both the GV settings and Callcentric settings this morning and then reinstalled them in different a different SP than they were in before. So GV is now in SP1 where it was in SP2 before, and Callcentric is in SP2 where it was in SP1 before. I did this all in the dashboard assuming that trashing the configurations was equivalent to resetting the Obi which it clearly isn't if this experience is a guide.

So I think at this point I will consider reseting the Obi to factory and then reconfigure using the Obitalk dashboard and see if that gets us working correctly. Thanks for the help.

Richard