News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 100 stopped working a day after initial installation

Started by TracyY, March 05, 2015, 08:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TracyY

I was able to set up Obi 100 with Google voice, and made calls yesterday. This morning, it says "no service." The test call (**9 222 222 222) didn't even go thru today. It did yesterday. All I did between yesterday and today was that I turned off the power and on again.
What should I do?

MurrayB

Did you verify internet access and your router connection?

TracyY

Yes. I have the Internet connection, and the router is working. Obi's power indicator light is solid green, the Internet data indicator light is flashing green (as it is supposed to be). When I pick up the phone, I hear dial tone. But when i dial **9 222 222 222, it says no service (female voice).

202Owner

Login to your local OBi web interface and check Status to see if your services are active.

A power cycle reboot can implement the last configuration change.  A dial plan change (digit maps and call routes) can break call routing (no service).

TracyY

I kept rebooting by turning power off and on again. After several try, it started working again. All I did was to turn off/on the power. It made me thinking about stability of the Obi tech. I will not turn off the power manually. But, in case of power outage? Do I have to do this nonsense -- just keep rebooting again and again and hope the device works??

202Owner

Cycling power repeatedly is not normal troubleshooting procedure.  Absent any troubleshooting, I'd expect your problem to return.

It's an initial installation.  No telling your expertise and system parameters like OBi, LAN, and WAN configuration.  I'd say it's a little too early to be doubting anything.  Try some troubleshooting next time to see if you can determine what is healthy and what is not healthy.

drgeoff

I wonder if the old 'don't mix local and Obitalk configuring' pitfall is at work here!