News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Please help, Obi110 Stopped Working - No calls in or out

Started by TimAtHome, March 05, 2015, 05:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimAtHome

Hi,

Been happy with my Obi110 with GV as our home line for six months now. I have voicemail transcribed and forwarded as texts to my cell, and it's been great. Until today...

Suddenly I can't call out at all, and all incoming calls get sent to GV voicemail.

What happened was I just got a call from someone and I found out because the vm came as a text on the cell. I wondered why I didn't hear the phone ring, because I was home. So I tried calling home from the cell and it went straight to voicemail.

Then I tried calling out with the Obi, and nothing happens - all outgoing calls are complete silence. I can get to the echo test server, however.

What's also interesting is that when I look at my obi locally on my web browser, accessing through the ip address, the call history doesn't have that missed incoming call or my tests calling the cell. I checked on Obitalk, and I don't even have a call history option on there at all - I don't know if that's normal or not because I never noticed before. But thought I'd mention.

On ObiTalk, SP1 to GV says "Connected."

I did a soft reboot of the obi, the router, the modem, the computer even, but nothing's changed.

Anyone know what else I can do or how to get help on this? I'd really appreciate any assistance at all. Thanks so much!

drgeoff

It is normal that the Obitalk portal has no Call History.

That your local Call History does not show the missed incoming calls would prompt me to look at the GV settings at google.com/voice.

SteveInWA will hopefully be along here soon to offer more advice.

reklee

I have the same problem today too. I can hear the dial tone but the line doesn't ring after dialing.

All the incoming calls aren't going to the Obi110 connected phone either. When I call it from my cell phone, I can hear it ringing on my cell, but there is no ringing on the Obi110 connected phone.

Venkat

I am having the same issue. I have been using OBI110 for the past 4 to 5 years without any issues. Suddenly, it stopped ringing and there is no response when I dial. I do have the dial tone. The Google Voice settings are okay as I am able to dial a number through Google Voice from my computer and the call goes through without any issues. Are there any suggestions? Thank you.

TimAtHome

Quote from: drgeoff on March 05, 2015, 06:10:49 PM
It is normal that the Obitalk portal has no Call History.

Thanks for confirming this. As an aside, since I'm a forum newbie (and Obi pseudo-newbie), I *love* Obihai's technology so much, but feel that the implementation is needlessly confusing. I use the Call History a lot, it's a good feature, so you have to use the local Obi portal for that ... yet it's recommended to use Obitalk to change settings ... and every time I log in to that I have to jump a few hoops to get into "expert."

Anyway, back to the outage problem:

That your local Call History does not show the missed incoming calls would prompt me to look at the GV settings at google.com/voice.

Good call. I figured it wasn't getting to the Obi at all. But I looked and nothing had changed on the Google end, I hadn't even logged in there in a while.

However, I did get it fixed! What I did was unplug the Obi and the router and modem, and just walk away and try to forget about it for an hour (after having posted here, done tons of Googling, driving myself crazy with the settings on Obitalk and GV etc). Came back, turned it all back on, and it worked.

So Venkat & reklee, try turning all your stuff off for a while and see if that helps.

With multiple reports of the same thing happening yesterday out of the blue, I still wonder what the cause of this was...

reklee

It started working again this morning! I'm just glad that it is working again. =)

Thanks for the suggestion though, TimAtHome.