News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

using auto attendant to automatically bridge calls quickly on Obi202

Started by Webslinger, March 06, 2015, 08:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webslinger

Let's say there are certain incoming calls (Mcallers) on SP1 that I want to automatically have bridged to a different phone number using SP2 to dial out.

I want auto attendant 3 (ObiPlus) to pick up the call. I want the call to then be automatically forwarded to another phone number on SP2, no matter what the caller enters after AA picks up.

In SP1, I have {(Mcallers):aa3} in my X_InboundCallRoute

The Mcallers do get routed to AA3 properly.

AA3 digitmap is blank
For my outbound call route, I have {(phonenumbertocall):sp2}
Answerdelay is 0
NumberOnNoInput is phonenumbertocall

Auto Attendant 3 Prompts
Welcome is set to blank
Menu is set to 'Please Wait' (previously I had that blank, but there's dead silence otherwise).

So when Mcallers calls to SP1, the callers hear, "Please wait" a couple times, and then the call is finally dialed out on SP2 after a delay while AA3 waits for input.

Is there a way to shorten the delay before NumberonNoInput is triggered?
Is there a way to have the call dial out immediately without AA3 waiting for input?

SP1 voip service does not permit call forwarding (calls get dropped to voicemail no matter what if call forwarding is routed using an ATA). So I'm using AA3 to get around this limitation.

For reference, see the Obi202 emulator here: http://www.obihai.com/uidemos/obi202/i
Navigate to Voice Services-->Auto Attendant
Scroll down to Auto Attendant 3

I was considering posting in the OBiPlus forum, but I think this question mostly applies to general Auto Attendant usage anyway.

Thanks in advance

ianobi

I don't know much about OBiPLUS, but it seems to me that you don't need aa3 at all. In sp1 InboundCallRoute put this rule first:

{(Mcallers):sp2(12345678901)},{...other rules here ...

Any call with callerID matching Mcallers will be forwarded with no delay to 12345678901 using sp2.

EDIT: If callerID does not forward via sp2 try:

{(Mcallers):sp2($1>12345678901)},{...other rules here ...

Webslinger

Quote from: Webslinger
SP1 voip service does not permit call forwarding (calls get dropped to voicemail no matter what if call forwarding is routed using an ATA). So I'm using AA3 to get around this limitation.

Quote from: ianobi on March 06, 2015, 09:09:52 AM
I don't know much about OBiPLUS,

This isn't really an OBiPlus question. It's an AA question.

Quotebut it seems to me that you don't need aa3 at all. In sp1 InboundCallRoute put this rule first:

{(Mcallers):sp2(12345678901)},{...other rules here ...

Any call with callerID matching Mcallers will be forwarded with no delay to 12345678901 using sp2.

Forwarded calls get dropped to SP1 voicemail. The call absolutely must be answered on SP1 first. SP1 makes money on incoming connection fees to its network. SP1 enforced limitation

ianobi

That's very unusual behaviour. Does the call drop to voice mail as soon as the call forwarding is attempted or when the forwarded call is answered at its final destination?

I think that you will struggle to cut the aa delay further as it seems hard wired to go through it's menu three times before going to NumberonNoInput.

Webslinger

Quote from: ianobi on March 06, 2015, 09:42:12 AM
That's very unusual behaviour. Does the call drop to voice mail as soon as the call forwarding is attempted or when the forwarded call is answered at its final destination?

Sorry, what you suggested is working. I had a typo that I hadn't noticed for some time.  ::)
I had tested that previously, found it didn't work, and gone to trying AA. sigh

Thank you!

QuoteI think that you will struggle to cut the aa delay further as it seems hard wired to go through it's menu three times before going to NumberonNoInput.

That's good to know. Thank you

ianobi

QuoteI had a typo that I hadn't noticed for some time.

We've all been there ...    :)