News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Inbound call to GV/OBI: "We could not complete your call. Please try again"

Started by CarlH, March 06, 2015, 04:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlH

When there's "millions" of customers for anything, and it doesn't work for 0.1% of those folks, that's 1,000 dissatisfied customers who don't really care that it works for 999,000 others.   What matters is whether it works for them.

And I'm a magnet for software failures.  Want to know about your software bugs?  Give it to me for 5 minutes.

jbinmn

@Carl  Don't give up!  This forum and the folks here are great at helping almost anyone get something up and running but sometimes (if you're like me) you need to visually see the steps to something in order to get it going.  Might I suggest if you're still having trouble and it's just not working (an you indeed want OBI and GV to work) then perhaps you go to youtube.com and in youtube's search bar type how to setup obi and google voice.  This will produce quit a few video how to's that might be of great help to visually understand what steps you might be missing in your setup attempts.  Take a deep breath, put on your big boy pants and give it another try!

It seems you were stuck on "forwarding number" don't let that confuse you.
Initially you need a forwarding number but you can uncheck that at a later time
and just place a check in the google number box.  I have the very same setup that you want, a google voice number, and OBI, a cordless phone...I do not forward any calls to a number other than my GV #.  When someone calls my GV # my cordless phone rings and I answer.  Same for outbound...I dial a (US) xxx-xxx-xxxx on the cordless phone plugged into the Obi and it calls with NO CHARGE.   Carl, give it another try!!!

zorlac