News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

encryption - lets all request Obi add encryption

Started by bfnnrgn, March 10, 2015, 01:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfnnrgn

It is my current understanding that all obi calls are unencrypted.  I respectfully submit that it is an reasonable expectation that all of our voice communications are encrypted to respect the caller's privacy across the internet.
     I request that all readers click on their reply button to this post and say, " I vote that obi adds encryption".
     If one looks at all the special cell phones and apps being developed and promoted specifically for encryption it is a no brainier that there is a growing demand for privacy. It is both in obi and oib users  interest that encryption be incorporated into all obi-calls.

SteveInWA

OBi devices already support encryption via SRTP.  The feature is dependent on the VoIP service provider supporting that feature, and you configuring it accordingly.  There's no need for a petition.

Remember:  calls that traverse the PSTN are not encrypted, and that has nothing to do with OBi device use.

PeterR

Another voice for encryption.  With all the hacking going on these days, every little bit of encryption helps.

SteveInWA

Quote from: PeterR on October 28, 2015, 07:12:17 PM
Another voice for encryption.  With all the hacking going on these days, every little bit of encryption helps.

What part of "it's already supported" did you not understand?