News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obiline Compatability

Started by azphotog, March 12, 2015, 08:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azphotog

I am a little confused about which products the Obiline is compatible with.  On the data sheet for the obiline it states it is compatible with the Obi2x and Obi3x series.  On the data sheet for the Obi5x there is a sentence that states the obiline is compatible with the Obi5x series.

Which data sheet is correct?

drgeoff

No reason that both cannot be correct.

azphotog

If the obiline is compatible with the obi5xx then do you have the procedure for getting it set up?  I have looked everywhere I can think of and am unable to find any configuration setting that would activate the Obiline.

ProfTech

azphotog: I don't own either of the 5xx series Obi machines but I am assuming they have a built-in web page similar to the other devices? The Obi 200 [or 202] does not support Obiline "Out of the box" however when you go into the web page settings, the sections pertaining to LINE are still there. I would think the 5xx would probably be the same. If that is the case all you should have to do is plug the adapter in and Enable the line port. Of course you will probably have to mess with the digit map(s) and set the outbound and inbound routing up the way you want them to work. I have an adapter ordered but it will be quite a while before I get to experiment. Hope this helps.

azphotog

On my Obi202 you are correct that there is a setting for the obiline to activate it.  However, on the Obi504 there is no Obiline option there or in the expert configuration.  The only setting on the Obi504 are for configuring the SP slots and BT slots.

ProfTech

I looked at the web screens on their web site and you are correct. There is nothing in there for a LINE port. So I downloaded the admin guide and found this:
At present the OBi500 only recognizes OBiBT USB dongles
and
*More USB enabled accessories will be supported in the near future with a firmware update.

:(