News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 and second line

Started by Themow, March 17, 2015, 08:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themow

I have been using an Obi110 for many years as my one landline. I have a second landline thats still with the old phone company.  I would like to take that line and use it with Obi also.  Can the 110 support it? If not, what are my options?

dircom

You have been using an Obi110 with a voip provider, and you also have telephone service with Verizon or some such telecom? 
So you have two separate phones with two different providers?

Mango

I'm not clear on whether you want to connect your landline to your OBi, or port your number to a VoIP service provider.

In any case, both are possible.  You can connect one landline to an OBi110, and use two VoIP service providers.

Themow

Sorry for being unclear. I am using Obi110 with google voice for line 1. I also have another landline with Verizon line 2.  I would like to port line 2 to google voice and use it on my Obi. Meaning two phone numbers two google voice accounts, one OBi110.

I know I have to port to a cell provider first and I am pretty sure I can only have one number per google voice account. I just want to know if my Obi can handle it

azrobert

Yes, the OBi110 can support 2 GV accounts. The 1st account on SP1 and the 2nd on SP2.

You can get a 2nd GV account with a 3rd number and define on SP2. When you get everything working then port the PSTN number to the 2nd GV account.

Themow

giqcass

One last piece of advice.  The second line can have a different ringtone applied to it if you want to know which number is being called. 
Long live our new ObiLords!