News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202: Setting to increase the volume for the caller?

Started by Armada, March 24, 2015, 06:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armada

Hey all,
Been setting up my Obi202 and when I'm on the phone with someone they say they can barley hear me, but I can here them on my Obi just fine.

Is there a way to increase the outgoing volume so I'm louder on their end?

Thanks all!

azrobert

From the OBi Admin Guide:
QuoteChannelRxGain - Receive gain in dB (-12 to 12) to apply to signal received by OBi from the attached phone(s)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port -> ChannelRxGain: 12

Corpy

It says it can only do   -12 to 6
Or are we able to hit 12?

BigJim_McD

Quote from: Armada on March 24, 2015, 06:01:01 AM
.... setting up my Obi202 and when I'm on the phone with someone they say they can barley hear me, but I can here them on my Obi just fine.

Is there a way to increase the outgoing volume so I'm louder on their end?
Quote from: azrobert on March 24, 2015, 09:02:27 AM
From the OBi Admin Guide:
QuoteChannelRxGain - Receive gain in dB (-12 to 12) to apply to signal received by OBi from the attached phone(s)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port -> ChannelRxGain: 12

To increase Transmit gain, wouldn't that be:   
Physical Interfaces  ->  Phone1 Port  ->  ChannelTxGain
BigJimMcD

azrobert

Quote from: Corpy on March 24, 2015, 09:42:51 AM
It says it can only do   -12 to 6
Or are we able to hit 12?

I never needed to use the RX or TX Gain settings, so I have no experience with them.
The Admin Guide says -12 to 12.
When you place the cursor over the "?" in the configuration it says -12 to 6.
I don't know which is correct.

BigJimMcD said:
QuoteTo increase Transmit gain, wouldn't that be:   
Physical Interfaces  ->  Phone1 Port  ->  ChannelTxGain

From Admin Guide:

To me "received by OBi" means an outbound call.
Maybe I' m wrong and you need to change TxGain.

SteveInWA

It's not intuitive, but "Tx gain" is the amplification of the sound being sent by the OBi (transmitted) to the earpiece of the phone attached to the OBi's telephone interface, and "Rx gain" is the amplification level of the sound being received by the OBi from the phone's microphone.  Most ATAs control the audio gain using these terms.

So:  experiment with the Rx gain, until your helper on the other end of the call says it's loud enough without getting distorted:  not loud enough, use a higher gain number.  Too loud and clipping or distorted sound, back off to a lower number.

Arizona480

I'm having the same issue, what are the preferred numbers you all use for both Rx and Tx Gain (Obi202)?

EDIT:  My settings are not saving anyway, so I am stuck with -5 and -4, which isn't the default.

Further EDIT:  It if I go through the ObiExpert through the web interface as opposed to the local address, the settings save, things sound good at +9/+9. 

SteveInWA

Quote from: Arizona480 on January 07, 2021, 10:43:50 AM
I'm having the same issue, what are the preferred numbers you all use for both Rx and Tx Gain (Obi202)?

EDIT:  My settings are not saving anyway, so I am stuck with -5 and -4, which isn't the default.

Further EDIT:  It if I go through the ObiExpert through the web interface as opposed to the local address, the settings save, things sound good at +9/+9. 

There are no "preferred" or "correct" values.  It depends on the audio characteristics of the telephone plugged into the device, and your own hearing.