News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 constantly rebooting, and dropping calls in the middle of a call

Started by fjcarden, March 30, 2015, 02:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fjcarden

Hi,
I am not sure what to modify; the issue I have is this:

1. Calls from obi to obi are mostly ok (they can be almost an hour with mostly no issues), but sometimes the call drops when the obi reboots (I can live with that).
2. Calls originated from SP1 or SP2 dropped 100% in the middle of the call; the issue appears to be less frequent when I receive calls; that is not ok; the whole purpose of PhonePower is to have 911 ready, but unusable if the call drops while not yet finished. My SP1 is PhonePower and SP2 is GoogleVoice.
3. The Obi110 does reboot several times during the day by itself.

My configuration is as follows:
1. Obi110 hardware version 2.8, software version 1.3.0 (build 2872), SP1 is PhonePower, SP2 is GoogleVoice, no PSTN attached. Setting allowing full duplex with ***0 done.
2. Router is Cysco E3000 with Tomato, no QoS configured. SIP ALG disabled, UPnP disabled.

I am not sure what else to try; any insight is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Francisco.

I do not have SIP ALG in the router, and I have disabled UPnP in the router just in case.

fjcarden

Forgot to mention I have:
Auto Firmware Update: system start
ITSP Provisioning: system start
Obitalk Provisioning: periodically (however, the obi to obi calls rarely have issues).

Thanks.

FrankHaynes

I replaced the stock power supply that came with the Obi110 with a huge Radio Shack power supply that is rated for over 1 Amp. I'm not home right now to look at the exact current rating, but it's possible that the provided power supply is either borderline or might have developed a bad capacitor or other component that is affecting its d.c. output.

You can check this crudely with a volt meter or even better an oscilloscope, or you can just try a bigger power supply to see if it helps you too. Since replacing mine it has not rebooted in the middle of a call.
I'm havin trouble with the Tephone Cumpny!