News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbie Question: Obi110 and Multiple Phones

Started by hwci, June 02, 2011, 02:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwci

Just got an Obi110.  Currently I have Time Warner cable phone service, so the connection is from the wall jack to the hybrid phone router/modem device from TW.  Can I just put the Obi110 in between the wall outlet and the TW device (Wall -> Obi110 -> TW device) and have all phone jacks in the house active?  Or can I only have one analog phone connected directly to the Obi110?

Also, the following link explains how to adapt the phone wiring in the house to accommodate VoIP:

http://mi-telecom.org/distribute.html

Is this necessary?
Is this something that Time Warner would already have done?
If so, can I ditch Time Warner and still have all phone jacks active by going from wall -> Obi110?
If I use this in another house where only traditional phone service had been set up, can I still go from wall -> Obi110?

yhfung

Please see the following diagrams. The top diagram is the your present connection diagram which includes TV, telephones and PC, where telephones are connected via your wall sockets. The bottom digram is with your new OBi110 in between. Please note some cable internet/telphone service providers would block any voip services which is not provided by the cable company.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com