News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 has problem with auto firmware updates after applying firmware 2872

Started by heynnema, December 12, 2014, 09:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heynnema

I use Google Voice on my Obi 110. After applying fw build 2872, my Obi 110 rebooted itself every 60 seconds or so. After enabling syslog, I reviewed the log entries and found out that the auto firmware update feature was trying to check/update the fw, but found the older 2824 firmware, and of course, it properly won't let you downgrade the firmware, but then it starts rebooting, looking for the same or newer firmware than the 2872 that's installed.

The Obi folks need to update the "latest" fw for the 110 at their link http://fw.obihai.com/OBi-latest.fw so folks can get back to a working box again.

Please advise,

Al

drgeoff

If your OBi is still out of action this might get you back in operation:

Turn off your router's access to the internet.  That should stop the OBi finding the "upgrade".  Log in to the OBi's local web server and disable the firmware auto update and the OBitalk provisioning.  Turn your internet access on again.

heynnema

Yes, that's what I did. I temporarily disabled the auto firmware updates. I also informed the Obi folks about the old fw on their web site, and they're going to update it today. I should be able to enable the auto firmware updates after that.

Cheers, Al

kmvg11

Hi,

I tried to do the same thing i.e. disconnect the Obi from internet and from it's local web server page, disable the auto updates etc. But, the settings are not getting saved no matter how many times I submit and reboot. Everytime, the settings get back to 'Periodically'. Did you do anything else to save the settings? Thanks for your help.